• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro crashes while loading previews (BSOD Video memory management internal)

Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, the system always crashes while loading previews of individual clips, into a blue screen - BSOD Video memory management internal - whether the clips are loaded in the import dialog, in the project window, or already inserted in the timeline. This is about 200 8bit FHD + 4K video shots from EOS R and EOS RP cameras.

Laptop: XPS 15 9570

GPU: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti with Max-Q Design
Internal graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 630

I have the latest drivers installed, I also tried older versions of drivers, uninstalling through DDU, but nothing helped. I am sending the dmp file from Bluescreen View in the attachment. The laptop's hardware was cleaned a few days ago and the graphics were tested with benchmarks.

Any advice please. I did not find a solution to a similar problem on the forum here. thank you very much

Finally, I would like to add that I regret the time I spent studying Premiere Pro. This is a very problematic software that has been frustrating me for a long time with crashes and all sorts of problems. It forces me to constantly deal with bug fixes instead of focusing on the creative process..

TOPICS
Crash , Hardware or GPU , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a clean installation of the 517.40 Studio Driver (NOT the Game Driver)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this at first, it didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, pm,

Sorry for the negative experience. I do not know the precise specs of your computer. Can you check the Help > System Compatibility Report to check the driver status of the iGPU? In some cases, that iGPU won't allow the discrete GPU normal Quick Sync functionality.

On the System Compatibility Report: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058951/graphics.html

From Adobe Expert on the topic: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/premiere-pro-no-longer-supports-intel-uhd-63...

Before editing, you can avoid frustration, buggy behavior, and unnecessary crashing by optimizing 4K H.264 footage to ProRes or ProRes LT (or ProRes Proxy proxies). You'll have better performance with even a modest laptop. However, you need to be ready for much larger file sizes during the edit session. You can delete them after your project is complete. Let me know if I can help you design a better workflow to get your creative flow back on track.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, thanks for the quick reply. The System Compatibility Report shows no conflicts. I have attached more detailed specifications of the notebook. 

I forgot to add the problem of creating a proxy in Media Encoder. Here, during creation (by coding with the CUDA method), the coding ends with an error message.

Export error
Error compiling movie.

Accelerated renderer error

Unable to create snapshot.

Component: H.264 type Exporter
Error code: -1609629690

In the case of Software Encoding, the encoding process ends up generating a 24b file.

I wondered if there was a problem with the corrupted files, but they can all be played back without a problem.

Thank you very much for your answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, Happy Holidays, pm. 

Your system looks good. Your dmp file shows that you probably need to reinstall Windows runtimes. Check out a link to fix that here. Let us know if that works for you.

If not, it does sound GPU related.

Your drivers are: 

Intel Driver version 27.20.100.9664

NVIDIA Driver version 527.56

Adobe engineering will be shutting down shortly for the holidays. I apologize for any delays in assistance.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for answer,

I've also tried deleting preferences (located in C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\23.0) and letting Premiere Pro generate new files, but that didn't help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is necessary to update the Win system to the latest update for today and install the latest Nvidia Studio driver. I had a BSOD bug bothering me on two previously released Microsoft and Nvidia updates. It's stable now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I check the updates of the drivers and system practically every day. The last few days BSOD did not appear while working on other projects, however today BSOD appeared again while loading previews in one of the bins in the project. NVIDIA Studio Driver version: 528.02

It seems endless to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then my advice to you is to install a utility from the Microsoft website called Intel Driver Support Assistant and update all drivers. There was a question that the reason is the wifi and bluetooth driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Děkuji. Pomocí nástroje jsem ovladače aktualizoval, notebook restartoval a problém stále přetrvává..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you changed the Bios settings? Sometimes it helps to reset to factory settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now reset the bios settings. No result, problem persists.

I was working about 2 hrs in project and now bsod appears everytime project previews are loading (about 15 sec after program starts)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why do you still have this situation? The BSOD bug has been fixed with Windows updates, Wifi drivers and Bluetooth modules. In addition, NVidia drivers have been updated. Try using an Adobe product on another workstation. If possible, try to completely reinstall the system, having previously saved the projects in a safe place (disk). Contact Adobe Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the problem still persists despite all driver updates (Windows Update, nVidia GeForce, Intel Driver Support Assistant). The laptop was reinstalled a few months back. No other application causes BSOD. I've also reset all settings in nVidia control panel..

I am attaching a recording of the last event in the attachment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone please help? The problem still persists, the program is practically unusable.

Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey friend, any news regarding this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, I have already reinstalled the OS and the problem does not occur. But the problem will probably really be on the GPU side, which is problematic on several fronts for this laptop model. I am currently working with driver version 535.98

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've actually experienced the same problem multiple times lately. It's been driving me completely nuts. It all started once I've updated my GPU driver. Perhaps you're able to find an earlier version, perhaps a Driver from 2020-2021, clean install that and see, whether the problem still persists. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/189617/en-us/

That was the driver that worked for me. Maybe it'll work for you as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nvidia Studio Driver - 535.98 it works correctly and there are currently no problems with the appearance of the BSOD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines