• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro deleted my Project and Auto-Save File

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I worked on a project for several weeks then all of a sudden i couldnt find it anymore - not in recent projects - not in explorer - not in the original location i saved it to - it just vanished like it never existed even the Autosave File is gone. PP crashed the day before and i didnt re-open it on that day. Does anyone know any fixes for this?

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere does not delete project or auto saves on its own.

Using an external drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No but I when i opened PP i got a warning to update my graphic card driver and ignored it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fix that first!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I worked on a project for several weeks then all of a sudden i couldnt find it anymore

By @dominicr95401172

Have you tried to search for *.prproj to find it? Open Explorer and select This PC to the left and the type in *.prproj in the search box. This will search for all .prproj files on all hard disks in one go.

Averdahl_0-1678281376435.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I tried that. The project is completely deleted from my computer and I dont know how thats even possible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check the Recycle Bin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any automatic file cleaning or optimizing software installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No but i installed a file recovery software and managed to recover the files but unfortunately they are corrupted and I cant open them now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System restore?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exactly i have same prb i know understand what can do know . My 50 work of 25mi video gone giys if anyone have solutions pla share it because its very defecult   to work again pls help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines