• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Documentation Search is Unsatisfactory

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am filing this bug on behalf of a customer that had trouble searching for items in Premiere Pro documentation. 

• Issue: When I search for items in documentation, it gives me undesirable results. 
  • Adobe Premiere Pro version number: All versions
  • Operating system and system info - Windows and macOS - all versions
  • Workflow details: I search for info on Labels, but the search does not find the info I need.
  • Steps to reproduce 
    • Enter search terms or keywords, like "Labels," for example.
    • In the search results, note the related articles: Timeline Display Settings Search 
    • Results contain info on labels, but the info is difficult to locate on a long page, too sparse to be useful or gives unrelated results. 
  • Expected result - Detailed information about how to use labels.
  • Actual result -  Search turns up information that is not pertinent to labels. The information that results is incomplete, sparse, and contains unrelated results.

If this bug exists after the User Voice migration, we will merge it.

Thanks,
Kevin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Hello @Remote Index,

Thanks for the bug report. Reviewing it now, I realize it is not addressable by the Premiere Pro product team. It's on my team. I will ensure that the bug is filed appropriately. I will move this to Discussions so that the team will not be distracted by an issue they can't do much about. I hope that's OK.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Voted!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your upvote, Ann. In the coming months, I will ask my documentation colleagues to improve the "search" function for the Premiere Pro community. We will need a more robust search function now that bugs and feature requests (Ideas) are here.

Cheers,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The entire search of documentation and this forum is a complete disaster.

I cannot find a darn thing. Have to bookmark everything or use Google search.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are really good observations, Ann. I will carry these back to my team as an advocate. I would love it if the search functions were more integrated, with better results and faster speed. I'll do all I can!

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, thanks for this post. I'm not sure it quite addresses my original message, but that original message still exists to be read.

I've written elsewhere about the poor documentation.

Besides search, a major issue with the documentation is clear, persistent indication of which version of Premiere Pro any given documentation actually applies to. (A constant refrain in the forums: which version are you using? A constant question in the documentation: which version does this apply to?)

R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the comment, @Remote Index - Bug reports are new here, and I may make some mistakes as we get going. I hope we continue to get good solid feedback from people like you. Thanks for your consideration.

I understand that tasking someone to break out a list of bugs into separate posts is probably too much to ask (and it will occur again), so I appreciate your candid feedback, and I apologize again. I hope that leaving your post and making a new one focused on search was OK. 

I will advocate for a better search function. I will also advocate for more detail in the documentation, especially when new features are added. Search, documentation, and community forum info needs to be more tightly integrated. I can advocate for better integration, as well.

I do not fix bugs, but I can be a loud voice at the shop on behalf of customers. I have been editing since the 80s and digital since the mid-90s, so I understand pain points like this. Have a great day.

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, Thanks for this elaboration.

Your I.D. currently reads "Adobe Employee" but from your post you seem to have a more specific role as it relates to these forums. What is that role?

R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for asking, Remote Index. As the Sr. Content and Community Strategist for Adobe Digital Video and Audio, you can think of me as the community manager for Digital Video and Audio. My scope is Adobe forums and social media (Facebook, Twitter). I've had several titles over 13 years, but I remain a public-facing support person. I stand between the product team and the editors providing feedback, data, and verbatim to the team to help improve the product. I work in the San Francisco office.

You will also see my colleagues here, who have pro-level video experience: Rameez, Sumeet, Ishan, and Nishu. Our colleague Kartika is on leave, but she'll be back. Other badged employees here are from the product team. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Remote Index,

Thanks for the bug report. Reviewing it now, I realize it is not addressable by the Premiere Pro product team. It's on my team. I will ensure that the bug is filed appropriately. I will move this to Discussions so that the team will not be distracted by an issue they can't do much about. I hope that's OK.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines