• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro: How can I live stream my program output monitor to clients remotely?

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

During the time of Covid-19 there was been a big request to be working from home. With that in mind, I'm trying to find the best way to output just my program monitor to clients and have a complete live conversation with them and to change the workflow to be completely remote instead of clients being in my edit suite.

I've tried using Youtube live and OBS which I was kicked off of due to copyright issues on music (even though this has been the best option thus far). I tried Zoom which didn't have the best playback for both audio and video. Frame.io is great in terms of working off links but if we really want to work remotely live, are there better solutions to this? Does Vimeo Pro work better for others or if there's any other websites that better fit this situation, I would love to hear about your remote workflows.

Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey bud! I've been trying to do the same thing since April and I got lucky using a program called Kast to stream Premiere Pro from my computer and then using Zoom from my phone to chat with the client.

Kast is meant for watching movies with a big group of people but it works great streaming Premiere Pro. The quality is pretty decent since the free version goes up to 720p, but the latency is very close to real-time. (I believe a Premium Subscription gives you 1080p)

I also tried OBS streaming on YouTube live but the latency makes it impossible to recieve notes while I edit and it crashes almost everytime since it's very demanding in terms of RAM. I only have 16GB. If that's ok for you though, try having your stream Unlisted instead of Public so you don't get copyright strikes lol.

Kast was working perfectly for 3 weeks but then Kast started crashing after a few minutes after playing the sequence on Premiere, so let me know how it goes for you if you decide to try Kast.

I'm currently editing a feature film, so it's being extra demanding on the system, but if you're working on a smaller project you might be fine.

Hope it works out man! Hit me up with any questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great advice. I'm just curious if anyone has tried using Teams on Windows. It makes sharing a desktop/ individual monitor simple, gives you voice and face images (with a webcam). It's the videoconferencing solution we're using -- but we're not doing real-time editing in Premiere during these meetings; we are able to play pre-recorded videos and share desktops while running business apps (Word, Chrome browser, Powerpoint, etc.). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All.  We take care of a ton of editorial boutiques and VFX shops in NYC.  We've been developing and beta testing a solution that should fit your needs.  Happy to help anyone that needs a good answer for remote viewing.  If you'd like to discuss further please let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Noah I'd love to chat about this!

How can I contact you offline?

Grant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Noah I'd like to ask you few questions, how can I contact you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Noah, I'd love to know more about the Beta version as well. Is it available now? Where can I find out more? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe searching for peer to peer network services will help. A long time ago gamers used to use peer to peer stuff to play multiplayer games ( live ). That changed when software companies discovered they could 'charge money' for the network for players to use ( get ad revenue, whatever). That's why livestream is here now for gamers.

Peer to peer required a 'host' ( guy who sets up the session) and then those with the ip address and passwords could ask to 'join' and the host would accept them. So, maybe 4 players could join without degrading the latency too much ( you should ask what the internet gives your team members so you know who the slowest person is when they join ). There's programs to ping others to know that number.

That's the basics, no matter who supplies it... and unfortunately adobe can't do that cause it would cost a lot of money and hardware for nothin... and they are not in business to make no money.

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I am late to the party here, but this is exactly what FlowCaster is designed to do.  If can take the program out, working as an Adobe Transmitter, and send it to sharing services like youtube, facebook, twitch, millicast, etc, but it can also send encrypted video via SRT directly to your producers computer, iphone, apple tv or android device.  There are lots of options for many different workflows. 

www.flowcaster.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2023 Jul 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To live stream your program output monitor to clients remotely, you can follow these general steps:

Choose a streaming platform: Select a streaming platform that suits your needs and the requirements of your clients. Some popular options include YouTube Live, Twitch, Facebook Live, and Vimeo.

Set up streaming software: Install streaming software on your computer. Popular streaming software options include OBS Studio (Open Broadcaster Software), Streamlabs OBS, and XSplit. These programs allow you to capture and stream your program output monitor.

Configure streaming software: Launch the streaming software and configure it according to your needs. Set the output resolution, frame rate, and other relevant settings.

Capture program output monitor: Configure the streaming software to capture the program output monitor. Most streaming software allows you to capture specific windows or regions on your screen. Select the window or region that displays your program output monitor.

Test and adjust settings: Perform some test streams to ensure the captured program output monitor is displaying correctly. Adjust settings such as audio levels, video quality, and screen capture to optimize the streaming experience.

Connect to streaming platform: In the streaming software, enter the necessary credentials or settings to connect to your chosen streaming platform. This typically involves providing your streaming platform account details or stream key.

Start streaming: Once you're ready, click the "Start Streaming" or "Go Live" button in the streaming software to begin streaming your program output monitor.

Share streaming link with clients: After you start streaming, the streaming platform will provide you with a unique URL or shareable link. Share this link with your clients so they can access the live stream.

Engage with clients: Interact with your clients through the streaming platform's chat or comment section. Answer their questions, provide explanations, and address any concerns they may have related to the program output monitor.

End the stream: When you're done streaming, make sure to properly end the stream in the streaming software. This will stop the transmission of the program output monitor to your clients.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2023 Jul 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nice one @dani3085092431jv 

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines