Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Premiere Pro Issues: Content layers canceling out other layers on the timeline

Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of writing a long message, I will simply post a link to a video I created that demonstrates this exact issue.

https://youtu.be/x-boZ_pyZQg 

Thank you for taking the time to watch the video and understand my issue.  It's just too confusing to otherwise try and describe words.  

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show the clip that you move out of the way and back again in the Source panel.

It's hard to know what should happen when it's superimposed over other footage without knowing what that is by itself.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The clip, in this case, is just a PNG image of a logo.  However, as I stated in the video the type of layer that it is doens't matter at all.  It will happen to any kind of layer on your timeline, because I have had it occur with PNG's, JPEGs, MP4 clips, MOV files, Sequences, nested comps, Graphics that are created in premiere, Text layers... any kind of layer that Premiere will accept.  Something I forgot to show in the video is that when I move the text layer on top of the smaller, PNG logo layere, the text layer remains just fine.  But when I move the PNG back on top, it cancels out the text layer, beneath it.  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What's on a higher track will cover anything below it unless you have a mask with lowered opacity on the upper track so show the lower track content through the mask.

If you are building a graphic, it's best to use the Essential Graphics panel in the Graphics workspace, and build it as one layer/item. You can add things like png/jpg to them, layer different elements of your graphic. Set opacity and such.

And then you have only one item to copy/duplicate/reuse as you wish.

You can have complicated graphics with logos and text and images sliding in and out separately.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines