• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro not rendering selected area

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project in Premiere Pro that I am trying to render, but no matter how I go about it, the selected part of the project is not what gets rendered - a completely different part of the project does. I have re-booted, checked for updates etc, but nothing. Has anyone else come across this and found a fix??

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Render means making preview files.

For export Check the in and outpoint in the export settings.

AnnBens_0-1679569083006.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Yes right if you want to export the selected Render part of the clip then move focus on the timeline and go to export mode. From Source select the option  "Source In/Out" here you can name your clip to choose a location in export mode and export only In Out range will be Exported. Also, your render files are saved separately on the Project location. Do reveal in finder or explorer and go to "Adobe Premiere Pro Video preview" folder. let us know if its works!how to.png

Thanks,

Suraj Shinde.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey TezMania,

If you want to render the specific part of your Timeline clip, mark In and Out points and then go to the Sequence menu and select "render In to Out" then only the selected part from your project should get rendered.

thanks,

Suraj Shinde

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The In and Outs are marked, yes. But I have always rendered by selecting the desired area of the project and then just gone to File, Export Media and it has worked perfectly fine.

If I do what you suggest, I am not able to choose any rendering settings, or a name or location for the file. A rendering process just automatically starts and then I have no idea where it ends up. Never heard of doing it that way before.

Attached here is a screenshot of the project with the desired area selected. And yet, what comes out is ten seconds that consists of two seconds from the unmarked area to the right and then just eight seconds of black.

.Rendering issue.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you just clarify, are you trying to render the timeline or export the video, they are two different things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, sorry. I thought that was pretty much the same thing. I want to export the selected part of the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Render means making preview files.

For export Check the in and outpoint in the export settings.

AnnBens_0-1679569083006.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh wow, that was it. I have NEVER had to change that setting before - that has always automatically been selected. I musted have changed it by accident and then that became the new standard. 

Thanks so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, got it. All good now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes right if you want to export the selected Render part of the clip then move focus on the timeline and go to export mode. From Source select the option  "Source In/Out" here you can name your clip to choose a location in export mode and export only In Out range will be Exported. Also, your render files are saved separately on the Project location. Do reveal in finder or explorer and go to "Adobe Premiere Pro Video preview" folder. let us know if its works!how to.png

Thanks,

Suraj Shinde.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yup, that's what I did before sending my previous reply. 😉 All good now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines