Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro not sending to Adobe Media Encoder

Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Starting this week when I send items to the render queue or try to create a proxy from within Premiere Pro nothing shows up in Media Encoder.

Media Encoder opens and the dialogues in Premiere all show up as expected but nothing is added to the queue.

However from After Effects selecting Export > Add to Adobe Media Encoder Queue... the selected composition is added to the the queue.

I can add to the queue directly from AME by Adding Source or Adding Premiere Pro Sequence, I just can't add to the queue, either as an export or create proxies, from within Premiere Pro.

This is very frustrating. The only thing I've found in these forums which seems to describe my issue says, 'after a time it fixed itself' which is extremely unhelpful.

I've tried clearing all the caches, uninstalling (from the CC app) individual applications, restarting, and reinstalling. I've tried uninstalling the whole CC suite and reinstalling, to no avail.

If anyone has any ideas I'd welcome them,

Thanks.

Versions

• Adobe Media Encoder: 13.1 (Build 179)
  • Premiere Pro: 13.1.2 (Build 9)
  • After Effects: 16.1.2 (Build 55)

System

• Win10 Pro
  • 16GB RAM
  • Core i7

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you used Cleaner tool after uninstalling apps?

Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I did this over my lunch hour, with no joy I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PhillUpNorth,

Sorry to hear that you are facing this issue. Please try resetting app preferences (https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2126506) for Premiere Pro and Media Encoder and check if it's working properly. Some times corrupt preferences may cause the applications to misbehave. If you are still facing the issue then try these steps and check if it helps:

• Go to \Users\<username>\Documents\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder\13.0 and rename the folder name 13.0 to old13.0.
  • Go to \Users\<username>\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\13.0 and rename the folder named 13.0 to old13.0.

(Doing this will cause Premiere Pro and Media Encoder to rebuild the default preferences, you may lose custom preferences and recent history of the projects)

Once done then launch Premiere Pro, create a new test project and check if you are able to queue to Media Encoder.

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sumeet,

I've reset the app preferences as laid out in the video - no luck.

I then changed the name of the folders and, though the folders were rebuilt afresh, it still not working.

If you have any other suggestions I'd appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't work, any other suggestions please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couple things you can try are Steps 3D and 4D below.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to C:\Users\[user]\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\[version] and delete AMERequestDB.

It got corrupted on me and deleting it solved the communication issue with AME

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had this issue come up today and deleting the AMEReguestDB did the trick.  Everything is working again...Thanks Crirus!

-d

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Years later this still works. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THIS! I searched for hours trying to find a soluiton. This is what worked. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines