• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

premiere pro not working on laptop and gives message update your laptop.

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so i tried opening up the app yesterday and it said i needed to update my laptop as it didnt have the lastest version for the app to work, so i updated my laptop, and then i also uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and its still telling me to update my laptop even though it was all updated. Help what do i do?

Title edited by mod

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abigail,

Welcome to the community. Could you share more information with us to understand the issue?

• What are the system specifications (OS, CPU, RAM, and GPU)?
  • Could you share the screenshot of the message?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 07.11.33.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 07.13.14.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Abigail,

Very sorry to hear about your trouble with Premiere Pro and your MacBook Pro. I evaluated your machine and it simply does not meet minimum system requirements. 

• CPU: You have a 5th generation CPU, a 6th generation CPU is required.
  • GPU: You have 1536 MB, 2000 MB is required.
  • RAM: You have 8 GB, 16 GB is required.

You might try installing the previous version, as the requirements are slightly lower, but you are still not meeting 2 of 3 of the main system requirements. If it does launch, you can continue using that application. I would recommend using the proxy workflow, however. 

I'd say it's probably about that time to purchase a new computer. As a video editor, every five years minimum, you'll need to purchase a new machine to keep up with the development of the video editing application.

Sorry if you were not aware of thdsis periodic capital expense. I hope I have helped you with this issue. Please return with any questions or concerns.

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines