Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Premiere Pro using too much memory

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I have problem with Premiere Pro (v 22.0.0 Build 169) on my MacBook Pro M1 with 16GB RAM.

After 30 minutes of work Premiere Pro crashes and consumes all of my memory. In setting I have set Optimize rendering for memory and allowed maximum 13 GB of RAM for Premiere Pro. 

However, Premiere Pro uses more memory, often 50-60 GB. So MacBook is swapping all memory from SSD. Any solutions?

Snímka obrazovky 2021-11-21 o 17.54.50.png

Snímka obrazovky 2021-11-21 o 18.41.43.png

  

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running the M1 version or Intel version?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeff. Thank you very much for your answer. I am sure I am using M1 version. 

In Activity monitor it show Apple CPU. See picture bellow. Or is it any other way to check what version am I running? 

Snímka obrazovky 2021-11-22 o 18.01.08.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im experiencing the same issues on my M1 iMac 24" with identical premiere settings on both the 2021 and 2022 versions.

This has been happening since June and hasn't been fixed. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried to install Premiere Pro - BETA version. And in Beta is memory usage allright. In iddle Beta version uses 3,38 GB of memory. During playing playback it is about 7 GB of memory, during render (4K 4.2.2 10bit 60 sec footage) 13 GB (which is set in settings). After render, memory usage skip to 3,38GB. 

Adobe, please fix this in full release! 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines