• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro V 15.1 crash on startup (when loading specific plugin)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have been troubleshooting since a couple of days already, but didn't find a solution yet.

Premiere crashes on startup and always when loading the Plugin "Flickerfree". I already tried:

- deleting the 7.0 folder, which supposed to be the plugin folder  (...Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins)

- tried older versions of Premiere (14.9)

- used the "repair install" by adobe cloud

What else can I do? Did someone used to have similar problems and knows how to fix it? 

Is there any other plugin-folder, where I could manually delete that plugin?

I would really appreciate any help.

Thank you,

Dan

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan

Startup crashes in Premiere are not only because of corrupt or incompatible plugins but also due to VST's that may cause issues.

The best solution is to watch the splash screen carefully and take a screenshot of the moment it crashes. This is usually at the point where the corruption is occurring. May take you a few attempts but I have tried this a few times and it works perfectly.

If this does not help you send the error report over to Adobe.

Also try uninstalling useing the Cleaner Tool which can be found here:

Mac OS : Download

Win : Download

Let us know if you manage to get this right

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick reply Mo,

I just tried uninstalling Premiere using the Cleaner Tool you recommended. 

It still crashes when loading that specific plugin ("Flickerfree"). I sent the error report over to Adobe, since I don't have an idea to fix this.

But anyway, is there a way to just delete that plugin manaully? The 7.0 folder doesn't seem to be the go-to folder to view and delete all plugins. It re-creates each time I start Premiere.

Thank you and really appreciate your help,

Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan

Flickerfree is a plugin made by Digital Anarchy

Have a look at other Mediacore folders or do you just have 7.0.

It should be in the medicoare 7.0 folder in a folder called Digital Anarchy.

If you find it there siumply delete that plugin and relaunch PP.

You can also browse Applications ->Digital Anarchy and look for an uninstaller

or

Library->Application Support->Digital Anarchy and see what comes up and manually remove with its uninstaller if its has one

Have a look at this:

Screenshot 2021-04-19 at 16.43.45.png

So I recommend using the uninstaller

Keep us updated 

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the advise. I tried uninstalling the plugin, which didn't work out, but I fixed it by deleting the file manually as you previously described under Application Support > Adobe > Common > 7.0 > MediaCore. One strange thing occured and might be interesting for people troubleshooting in similar situations: when manually navigating to the folder, there was nothing, but if I use the "go to" tab and than search for specific destination, it worked and I found all my plugins (typed "Username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0") . It is the same folder though...strange, but I don't care. It works and I can finally getting started using Premiere again. 

Thanks a lot Mo. Really appreciate your support here.

Best,

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines