Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Weird Black Screen Render Crash

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

Ive never posted on these fourms so bare with me if I mess up on anything.

I recently got a new gpu (3060 ti to 4080) and noticed that my 4080 is having this very odd black screen/crash. Every time I open the project I can smoothly scrub through the timeline and even watch it back with no problems. Once I try to render the video in to out the application will do a little bit then - eniterly black screen my computer and turn off things like my monitors, keyboard and mouse. My PC Itself still stays on but i have to literally unplug the power supply cable to restart my computer. Ive tried every tip given from the forums to videos and just cant seem to figure out the issue. This is all of the things ive tried:

- Running as Administrator
- Restarting Computer
- Updating Premire Pro
- Installing Studio Ready Driver
- Reinstalling Premire Pro
- Reinstalling Creative Cloud
- Switching GPU Accelration Off
- Deleting Media Cache Files
- Resetting Preferences
- Resetting Workspace
- Importing old project into new one

If anyone coud please help I would truly apprecite it, ive also attached my pc specs below for any

pc specc.JPG

CPU = Ryzen 9 5900x

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thomas, 

I read your message and nothing obvious is sticking out as a problem. Is it possible that your existing power unit is not powerful enough for the new GPU? Can you check that out? I hope the community can help you sort this out. Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply,

I actually got a new power supply just because I knew my old one would not be able to handle the rtx 4080. Its a 750w so its more then enough to handle it but im still having the issue. Im able to edit the video and do things like scroll through the video timeline but whenever I try to render the timeline it "black screens" my computer. Im contacting nvida themselves because I think the card may just be defective but maybe theres just something im missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which driver are you running, Thomas? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines