• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro will not open

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two days ago I was working on a project, saved it, and closed it like I always do. Later that night I went back to it, and after I have the option to choose which project I open, it will not go past the dark grey screen. After about 30 seconds if you click anywhere it says "(not responding)" across the top. I have uninstalled then reinstalled, updated computer and restarted, uninstalled the current version(14.0.3) and tried (14.0.1) with the same result. I was able to open a project in the older (13.1.5) version but I can not open a project that was started in the newer premiere pro. I really need to finish this project for my client but am not sure where to go from here. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved your post to the correct forum, the Premiere Pro forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried resetting my preferences and still get this screen. If it helps, I tried opening up one of the "learn" projects and I can access that, then open my project from there. However, when I switch panels I get this every time.Adobe Help.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sam,

Looks like you have a corrupt project. Have you expressly saved any backup projects? If not, is there a project with recent changes in the Documents > Premiere Pro > Auto Save folder? Any backups in the Creative Cloud > Premiere Pro > Auto Save folder?

Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure how to find those files. I don't see any auto-save folders however, it is not just any project I open, but any project I have and any new projects I start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The autosaved files are located wherever you have them set to in your project settings (File > Project Settings > Scratch Disks...)

Screen Shot 2020-03-03 at 9.44.48 PM.png

What I'm curious about is why one of the "learn" projects work for you, but why your project doesn't work, and what the variable is. You said when you "switch panels" you get the blank screen. By "switch panels," are you moving any of the panels around by chance, or making workspace changes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize, I meant switching workspaces. If I switch from the "Learn" workspace to any other it has the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi samh70909329

you might have a corrupted workspace file. Go to this location:
Windows drive: [username]\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\[version_number]\Profile-[username]\Layouts
and (after making a backup of the folder Layouts somewhere in your computer) delete the contents of the folder.

Best of luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you search for  files with the following  ".prproj" you should be able to identify your autosaves.  the file name will begin with the project name and then include the date and time followed by ...  .prproj.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines