• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Project File Greyed out

Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking for some help with Project files. I create a new project as normal work on whatever i am working on and save it. I save everything to external hard drives. I have been doing it for years this same way.

Once i save the project and closed the program I noticed the project file it self was greyed out and could not click on it to open. I had to go into the auto saves and open the project and "Save As" Creating a new project file. Once i did this- the new file was not grey and I could open it. The next few times of opening and closing and saving had zero problems. Then it happen again. 

This time Opened Premiere and clicked on open recent projects. I was able to get to the greyed out project this way, but can not open it by directly clicking on it.

SO this problem has started to happen randomly with pretty much anything i work on and I dont know when it will happen. 

Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 12.38.47 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issues. Very scarry. We have had an issue lately were Premiere and now AE project files become corrupt when saved. What happens is that when saving, the project file in the finder becomes gray and is no longer accessible. This happens intermittently, maybe 1 out 3 tries. When trying to trash the file, a warning comes up and says the file is in use. The warning comes up after a restart with no programs running and on different systems. Tried many things, restarts, different drives.. We are on Monterey, latest PP and AE. MPB M1, iMacPro, MacPro 2019. Help as this is catastrophic to us. This loses an entire project when it happens and one closes the program. Any insight? When one hits save it should save.. yah?? It does work better saving to desktop, but that splits the project, relinking and everything. Production guidelines have always been to keep projects contained on an external drive if you in a facility. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! for me nothing has really change. It is hit or miss whether it will happen or not. I have just gotten into the habbit of as annoying as it is... "save as" and just make a new project file. I will go back and delete the old ones. they dont take up really any space it is more so just annoying. 

Right now I have a project on my computer locally and I have been in and out of it a bunch over the last few days and it is saving fine. I have not needed to do any work arounds. 

So this might be something that just happens when working off a hard drive. that was always my first thought but it just happen so randomly I cant figure it out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it is worth, I did connect with Adobe and they said that upgrading to 22.6.2 (I think, but it is the next one up) will solve it. Haven't tried it yet as others control the versions were on. There is something on the Fixed Issues, "Issue with opening projects on macOS" so hoping thats it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2023 Sep 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just started happening to me in Premiere 23.6.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been using Premier since 2000. I am having the same problems and am on the current version of PP. I copied over a project and all contents to another drive and is can't recognized (relink) the proper files or partial files.  Greyed out and not necessarily the corect file to begin with.

The only the only "fix" was to rename the new drive the same as the original and then it worked correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines