Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere switching to hand tool when scrolling in timeline with Wacom tablet

Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've been running into this issue for a while now and its bothering me more and more. 

Whenever I scroll in my timeline while using my Wacom Intuos Pro, premiere decides to use the hand tool to scroll. This means that everytime I scroll I have to manually switch back to the selection tool. Has anyone ran into this issue and found a solution? I'm running the latest version of Adobe Premiere 2022 on a Macbook M1 Max. 

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

This issue was resolved by the Wacom helpdesk. They helped me reset all my Wacom preferences, including some files in the Mac root folders. Here is the e-mail I received from their helpdesk that resolved this issue. (Big shoutout to Bruno at the Wacom Helpdesk)

1. Disconnect the tablet from your computer entirely. Now take the necessary steps to manually uninstall the driver:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem.  for about a year

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sounds to me like it might be a Wacom preference or setup issue...  I have a client who I think uses the Wacom with Premiere.  Will ask her what her experience has been.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue was resolved by the Wacom helpdesk. They helped me reset all my Wacom preferences, including some files in the Mac root folders. Here is the e-mail I received from their helpdesk that resolved this issue. (Big shoutout to Bruno at the Wacom Helpdesk)

1. Disconnect the tablet from your computer entirely. Now take the necessary steps to manually uninstall the driver:

Make sure you have any other 3rd party apps like Clean My Mac disabled. 

Once that is done, check to see whether your computer can find any other present files by using 'Wacom' as a search term in Finder (Cmd + Space). Should that be the case, delete these as well.

Go to your Applications folder in Finder, and delete the Wacom Tablet folder. Next, click on Go (up on the menu bar of your Mac), and then go to Computer. Click to open your hard drive (by default named Macintosh HD). Open the Library folder. Check for and delete any of the following, if found: Library/Application Support> delete the Tablet folder. Library/Frameworks> delete the WacomMultiTouch.framework Library/Internet Plugins> delete WacomTabletPlugin.plugin Library/Launch Agents> delete any “com.wacom…” items found here. Library/LaunchDaemons> delete any “com.wacom…” items found here. Library/PreferencePanes> delete WacomTablet.prefpane Library/Preferences> delete the Tablet folder. Library/PriveledgedHelperTools> delete any “com.wacom…” items found here.

Empty your recycle bin.

Restart your computer.  

Go to the Apple menu, open System Preferences, and select Security & Privacy. Go to the Privacy tab, then click on the lock at the bottom of the preferences to be able to make changes. 

You will be asked to input your credentials.

Then select the Accessibility tab. Now select one of the Wacom items listed, and then click on the ""-"" sign below that list to remove it from the list, then do the same thing for all ""Wacom"" files listed there. Once they are all removed, click on the ""+"" sign below the list, then on the folder that opens, select your ""Macintosh HD"" at the top.

Then browse to the folder /Applications/Wacom Tablet/.  Press "Command"+"Shift"+"Dot" (cmd+⇑+.) keys together to show hidden folders and open /Applications/Wacom Tablet/.Tablet .  

Select the WacomTabletDriver.app and WacomTouchDriver.app files. Be careful to select "WacomTabletDriver.app" NOT "TabletDriver".  IOManager should appear on its own. If not, restart the Mac and you will see a message asking you to enable IOManager in Preferences/Accessibility.

After another restart to make sure, connect the tablet and check this box as well.".

After this, please check whether you can find WacomTabletDriver under "Input Monitoring".

If this is not the case, please add it as well, if possible.

Afterwards, go back to 'System Preferences' > 'Users & Groups' > 'Login Items' under your main profile to add WacomTabletDriver if it is not already in that list.

Then restart your computer.

Re-install the Adobe Software.

Now you can connect the tablet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me! Solved a very frustrating issue. Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines