Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing list of markers on timeline

Contributor ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Is there a way to print a list of markers on a timeline, inc description/start time etc.

I want to use it for logging purposes etc

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, It is possible...you can go to the main menu > File > Export > Markers > save in the csv or txt or html file which you can print. If you just want to see list markers then go to the main menu > window > markers panel. It will list all the markers of sequence or selected clips in the sequence. However, you can only export sequence markers, not the clip markers.

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for your quick reply. Thats great. I would like to have the description in there to. Does anyone know of a 3rd party utility that would do that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

20220408_165943.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just want to print a list of all the clips (clip name, start time, stop time).  How?  Markers is grayed out.  See sample of info sought.

20220408_165943.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

vishuagg19's answer will include all the information that you've entered in the marker dialog.  Just tested it and it works...  I've attached a screen grab

Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 1.06.17 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it also exports the Marker descriptions (comments). Refer to the screenshot.

Screenshot 2019-10-14 at 10.38.11 PM.png

Vishu Aggarwal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. It only shows the first line of the description. To test I entered all lines but the first line only showed.

Does this happen on yours?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirmed this bug on my system. Exporting markers to CSV only includes the first line of text. TXT and HTML work fine. Posted to UserVoice here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/38810737-fix-export-markers...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how are you looking at the .csv file?  I just did a test and it included everything in the comments.  I don't see a way to add a second line to the marker name.  When I look at the .csv file in excel, I have to expand the description column to see all the text...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Excel. I expand the column width to view. I didn't mean more than 1 line for the marker name but more than 1 line for the description. Only the first description line shows in the output file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Premiere you're working with.

I am using Premiere Pro 13.1.5 on MacOS 10.15  and it exports all the text from description to csv format. Please refer the screenshots.

Screenshot 2019-10-15 at 11.01.45 AM.png

Screenshot 2019-10-15 at 11.04.57 AM.png

Vishu Aggarwal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Same version as yours but on windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe there is some issue in the windows export...I can't verify the same because don't have access to the windows platform  

Vishu Aggarwal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. It has been verified by others and reported to adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines