Production Workflow

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to combine different productions into one production. Right now we have 3 editors, each having started their own production on their own machine. We want to move the production to the cloud so we can collaborate, and need each editors contribution to be brought in into a single production. Any input in how to achieve this would be very much appreciated. Thanks! Alex

TOPICS
Export , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022
>And just to confirm, you have to do this one at time? No, you can grab them all.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would start with File>New>Team Project and see if that fits your needs.

I'm a solo shop here so I don't use that feature. Wish I could help more.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That might need a bit more expertise than I have ... @Bruce Bullis ... could you please assist?

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mention "the cloud"; are you hoping to move to Team Projects, or are you hoping to consolidate three different Productions into one Production, which you'll then share via [some cloud-based method]?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bruce,

Yes, I'd like to consolidate into one Production that's going to live on a cloud NAS - LucidLink. Thanks! 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, my team (who created Productions) have talked it over, and can provide some guidance.

Consolidating multiple Productions into one Production is possible, but messy. 

You can add an existing project to a production (one at a time)  to get all the projects inside one production; we recommend making the largest production the main one and add projects from the two smaller ones. 
Note: All the  links from the added projects would then be broken. Editors would need to Reassociate Source Clips from the edit menu, and make sure they link all media to the various media projects in the new, over-arching Production.  This would not be an easy task if this is a large production, if each production has only a few projects, then it would less scary.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Bruce! So, when you add a project to the Production (one at a time), how does one go about doing this, since all the other projects are also inside their own Production folder.

Would you go in the main Production (the largest one) and right click "Add Project to Production" and point it to the other editor's Production folder that houses their individual Projects?

Thanks again!

Alex

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Would you go in the main Production (the largest one) and right click "Add Project to Production" and point it to the other editor's Production folder that houses their individual Projects?

Close; they'd browse into that other editor's Productions folder, and select the .prproj files in question. PPro will ask them to confirm:

Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 12.46.42 PM.png
Once they create those copies, there will be new .prproj files in the (over-arching) Productions folder.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it! And just to confirm, you have to do this one at time? Just wondering what would happen if you selected a bunch of .prproj from a production and try to add them at once to the main production.

If it has to be one by one, it is what it is. I just want to make sure I understood you correctly.

Thanks!

Alex 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>And just to confirm, you have to do this one at time?

No, you can grab them all.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's awesome! And doesn't seem that messy to be honest. Messy would've been having to use the project manager to solo export each project which has no respect for the original project's folder structure. That said, thanks a lot! This is a huge help!! 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines