• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project could not be loaded, it may be damaged or contain outdated elements.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've suddenly been receiving this error out of no where, on every single project file I have. I have not updated in the past few days, I opened projects just fine within the past day, and now I can't access anything.

Premiere 2018, v12.0.0

The only thing that I've done or changed in the past few days is logged into my creative cloud acct, and now I'm getting issues. Any help?

- Dan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Found a solution for it, here's the steps I took.

- Closed all adobe programs
- Open Creative Cloud, sign out

- Restart computer

- Open Adobe Program, sign in on the prompt. Everything seems to be working now.

Signing out/in in any other order didn't solve the issue. Not sure if there is some issue with file syncing, even though none of the files are pulled from my Library, but figured I'd share what I found.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great but there is nowhere to open a sequence It only shows you the project files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found another solution!!

Short answer: Don't use CC Libraries.

Long answer:

I had the project on my computer and it was possible to open it, but when I moved it to my external harddrive I couldn't open it.

So this is what I did:
I copied the whole folder to the external harddrive.

I opened the project file from the external harddrive.

I relinked all the files in the project file, from the computer, to the external harddrive.

I selected all the objects in the "CC Libraries" folder (that was in my project folder on my external harddrive) and moved them into my graphics folder (which also is in my project folder on my external harddrive).

I then went back to Premiere Pro and imported them from that graphics folder and manually replaced all the icons in the timeline that I originally downloaded from the CC Libraries.

Then I deleted the CC Libraries elements in my project folder inside Premiere Pro.

Then I deleted the project folder on my computer, then I closed and saved the Premiere Pro project.

Hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2018 Aug 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue, I've tried the following with no success:

1) Tried different PCs and Mac - Error occurred.

2) Turning Media offline - Error occurred.

3) Last 5 Autosaves are corrupt.

4) Tried importing sequences to a new project - No result, froze.

I need this project out the door ASAP, and there is no time to redo the work and can't not call adobe support over the weekend.

Anyone have a solution? I will transfer you money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2018 Aug 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mikbrad,

I see you have said you've tried different computers. However, if you'd like to contact me direct with the Premiere file, I can test if I can open it.

Dean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm dealing with this same issue right now.  Last thing I did was add a morph transition effect and when rendering that, I got an error.  So I restarted Premiere, or tried to, but my project wouldn't open.  Adobe support had no solution for me.  Nothing is working.  I lost so much work and have to deliver today.  Did anyone have any other things I might try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing I can think of at the moment is trying to open one of the auto-save versions of the project.
Have you tried that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came across this approach that has helped others. I haven't tested it myself though. Using a program called XML Wrench can potentially fix parts of the file causing problems in Premiere:

FAQ:How do I recover a corrupt project? | Adobe P...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On macOS, you could see an error message which says, "This Project contains outdated elements."

Issue: When working on macOS, you could see an error message that says "The project contains outdated elements."

Workaround: Rename the “Creative Cloud Libraries” folder located under User\username\ library\application support and load the project again.

Known issues in Premiere Pro CC 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, I´ve tried all alternatives, please, Can you help me?. I use Mac OS X Sierra 10.12.6 on an iMac.

I´ve tried the rename method of the Adobe Commons folders and the autosavings are so far away from my last result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue after moving some linked video to an external harddrive. Updating Premier from v13.1.5 to 14.0.1 resolved the issue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Older post, but just had this happen to me on PrPro 2022. I opened my most recent auto save from 5 minutes prior and everything opened okay. I had saved changes to a custom workspace and now am no longer seeing that workspace..I think that may have been the culprit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Community,

If you are getting this error, I am so sorry. For sure, upvote and comment on the following bug report to alert the product team.

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/38198878-restored-premiere-...

The issue is somewhat uncommon but can be triggered for various reasons. The errors are usually related to optimizing, organizing, and handling files. The OP, danj, solved their problem, so we will lock this post for now.

If you have specific needs related to this error, please create a new post with detailed info about your system, your media, and screenshots of your project. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines