• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Proxy files not showing up in project panel / metadata columns

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  I used media encoder to create .mov proxy files and they are in the same folder as the original files.  When I open up PP and look in the project panel under the metadata the proxy files are showing up and are not being linked for some reason to the original files.  Does anyones know where the missing link is in this workflow, please?

TOPICS
Editing , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

If you created those by opening MediaEncoder and making them, Premiere may not really 'see' them properly. Right-click the original clips in the bin, Proxy/Attach Proxies would probably do it.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you created those by opening MediaEncoder and making them, Premiere may not really 'see' them properly. Right-click the original clips in the bin, Proxy/Attach Proxies would probably do it.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much.  I will try shortly and let you kinow if that did the trick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked, Neil.  Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this did not work for me. I looked at properties and they are attached but not visible in a subfolder as they used to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you need to keep Premiere open til Media Encoder finishes otherwise Premiere doesn't know they've been successfully created....    And some formats just don't work well with proxies...  Sometimes you need to transcode to a more robust format like prores and then make you're proxies...  And sometimes it's just a mystery.  Recently providing support on a very large documentary project with over 40 terabytes of media...  Some proxies just weren't sticking to some of the clips...  I think I got it all straightened out, but expecting a crazed phone call from the client any day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines