• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quick Export button disappeared

Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently installed PP and initially, the Quick Export button was available top right (I believe on the Program panel or even above it). The button is now gone and I can't get it back.

I made below steps recently, to solve a playback issue (I could still edit in the timeline, but nothing showed up in the program panel, so I could not see the effect of what I was doing). 

1. Update to latest version, 15.4.1
  2. Remove cache and preferences (Shift Alt on start-up)
  3. Preferences > Audio Hardware: set Device Class to MME (there is no other option)
  4. Preferences > Media: turn off H.264/264 encoding/decoding
  5. Preferences > Playback: uncheck Enable Mercury Transmit
  6. Project Settings > General: set renderer to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only
  7. Sequence settings:  uncheck Composite in Linear Color (requires GPU acceleration or max render quality)

Does anybody know how to get the Quick Export button back?

For the video I was making, it gave good enough quality (with a smaller filesize than I am getting now through 'manual' export).

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

I've went through the motions of clearing preferences, re-installing and cleaning due to a new laptop and another problem, so I'll avoid that if possible 🙂

By @Phil Co

That´s seems like an issue with the current Workspace rather than an issue with the preferences, etc, so go to Window > Workspaces > Reset to Saved Layout

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If resetting Preferences does not help, re-install and use cleaner tool.

On a side note you can make the exact same settings in the regular export settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann, thanks for your reply. For now I will simply use the manual export. I've went through the motions of clearing preferences, re-installing and cleaning due to a new laptop and another problem, so I'll avoid that if possible 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've went through the motions of clearing preferences, re-installing and cleaning due to a new laptop and another problem, so I'll avoid that if possible 🙂

By @Phil Co

That´s seems like an issue with the current Workspace rather than an issue with the preferences, etc, so go to Window > Workspaces > Reset to Saved Layout

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you @Averdahl, I got the Quick Export button back with your suggestion. Although I had to use "All Panels" instead of "Revert to Saved Layout". Apparently I created a workspace and saved it without the QE button. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines