• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Premiere Pro Lagging When Dragging Images Around Program Monitor

Contributor ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having issues manipulating photos in 24.1.0 (85) on a Windows 10 Intel i9-10940X with 32GB RAM and an nVidia RTX 2080 Super. I have gone through so many settings, updated to the latest nVidia drivers, made sure GPU settings were correct, etc.  I have a 1080p 23.976 project and the images are not quite 4K resolution. Playback is good. However, using any of the transform controls in the standard "Motion" portion of the efffect control is PAINFULLY tedious. Normally when you drag the "scale" control or the "position" controls for a video clip, it is fairly responsive. With something minimally larger than frame size (even a 2000x2000 pixel JPEG), the controls are extremely laggy. This has made editing this photo montage for a death in the family, even MORE painful. Dragging any of the controls produces very stuttered adjustments. Just for grins, I even tried applying the "DISTORT>TRANSFORM" function and it had the same laggy performance. I double-checked CPU and GPU, no spikes on any processor threads or any GPU functions. I tried adjusting my "paused resolution" as well. Made no difference. Even scaling.

What I DID notice is this:  When there are only a few photos on the timeline, everything works fairly well. However, the more photos on the timeline, the slower the tranform capabilities become. This even applies to transform controls on titles created in Essential Graphics.

Again, playback is fine. Just effects controls are terrible.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2024 Jan 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seconds-in-premi...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site. If NVIDIA, do a clean installation of the latest Studio Driver (NOT the Game Driver).

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 20, 2024 Jan 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the suggestions. I've tried all that to no avail. It really appears to do with how many pictures are in the timeline. With only a few, it's great and responsive. After a certain amount of photos on the timeline (regardless of photo resolution) the performance of the "effect controls" panel is terrible. Now, I'm finding that even making adjustments to color correction, gaussian blur and other perameters, are extremely slow.

As for positioning, I am at least having good luck by clicking on the "motion" header in the "effect controls," and dragging the scaling bounding box. That is considerably more responsive.

But definitely thanks for the suggestions!

-T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines