• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Really Yellow Footage

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone help me with this really yellow footage, I've tried to follow tutorials and other advice on here to correct it but it all comes out dark. When I raise the exposure it's then so green and red. Screenshot 2023-01-09 at 15.55.44.png

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your camera wb and exposure are a little off... I stuck the screenshot into resolve and made slight adjustments ( simple ones ) and I now say what I did for Neil, who can tell you the PPRO lumetri equilevant controls to use... ( assuming you never figure out how to adjust the camera in the future)

I increased the gain substantially

I went into curves, selected blue channel and raised the MIDDLE of the line a little bit. This effected some of the yellow ( orange from 32k when shot at 56k ) and mostly the dog collar.

DOG SCREENSHOT.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for including the RGB Parade scopes there ... as that image is SO off on white balance in camera. Now this depends on the format/codec of the clip. But normally, if you are that far off in WB coming in, any attempt to change the image enough to totally fix it will result in creating artifacts.

So ... what is that clip: format/codec, color space, and especially, bit-depth. Check the clip in the Project panel, right-click/Properties.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't know if poster will ever come back to this thread...but if so... don't be discouraged.

The dog is very pretty and he doesn't have to get artifacts.

And your camera settings ( your clip ) is not that horrible. It's just off a bit.

In lumetri shadows midtones and highlights are equivalent to resolve lift gamma gain.

So, first thing is to increase the highlight.  When the doggy white fur looks kinda decent stop.

Next it would be nice if you can raise the BLUE a little bit ( not that much really )... and that will get rid of the slight orange ( yellow ) you see... Unfortunately I only use an old version of PPRO that doesn't have lumetri so I don't know how to tell you the exact control to use.

But even if you DON'T lift the blue channel your doggy will look much better by just increasing the highlight.  It's too bad nobody knows how to help you with the version of PPRO you are using. But don't worry... it can be fixed.

: )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is quck and crude, but there seems to be plenty of room in your footage to make it better.  This is using Lumetri color curves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that was really nice of you to do smr

you added more blue than me but i also ( using the whole posters still image ) got the blue on the whole image, so I cropped to just the dog. I hope poster can use your demo of the thing you did to get result they want. I'm curious ...did you raise the highlight in the same curve ? sorta looks like it but I use different controls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is this fixable? Well, naturally, at least enough to be going on with.

Is it worth learning from for the next time you work the camera? Oh, most definitely ... which is why I posted as I did.

As especially with the more common 8 bit or low-color data "10 bit" ... yes, much color correction and you do get artifacts. Small, you may not notice them, but you need to be looking for them, and so use that as a limit on your work.

And it's frequently better to break up any task on low-info color into several tools. Doing some with say WB, some with curves, some with color wheels for something like this. That way you have different math applied, and any artifacts are typically less and less notable than using one tool only.

8 bit 4:2:0 media has the most limited ability to 'take' color/tonal correction. And if that is what this is, then ... it comes with limits. Period. And the OP needs to learn to take that into account when shooting to get the best Q out.

Personally, I'd do a bit with the Temp tool in Lumetri basic. Just trying to move the R white point against the B. A bit.

Then in curves I'd move the R & B end points a small amount ... I'd not mess with the internal parts as that would really invite artificacting.

And finish with a bit of adjustment with the Color Wheels, maybe a slight HSL if needed on something. But all in small amounts. Total time maybe a few seconds to do.

Neil

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines