• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Red Giant Universe Plugin not seen by Premiere Pro CC 2015 - The Fix

Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2015 Jun 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the most current version of Red Giant Universe 1.4. I re-downloaded Red Giant Link as instructed by Red Giant. I reloaded Universe. Here Is the path:

C:/Program Files/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MediaCore/Red Giant Universe

Obviously, this is the same path for Premiere Pro CC 2014 which report Universe and load the effects and transitions.

HERE is the conflict. All of the Universe individual effects end with     _AE_FX.aex   which should be OK, but every other plugin simply is  .aex

I notice that when Premiere Pro CC 2015 is loading, while the splash screen is still up, it sees the Universe folder, but NONE of the effects or transitions.

I tested this fix by renaming a plugin from "Universe_Blur_Blur_AE_Fx.aex" to "Universe_Blur_Blur.aex" . It properly loaded from the path described above and was able to be applied to a Premiere Pro CC 2015 clip. In other words, the entire naming convention must be changed.

This is a fix applied in Windows Ultimate 7.0 . MAC users will need to research on their own.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2015 Jun 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BY the way, this fix does not prevent Premiere Pro CC 2014, AE CC 2014 or 2015 from properly loading the Universe Plugins.

If you want a bulk renaming solution GO HERE: Download - Bulk Rename Utility

It is really easy to use. Besides IT IS FREE.

Step 1. Open the Universe folder in the BULK RENAMING application and

Step 2. Go to ACTIONS and select ALL - you will see all the files and FROM and TO.

Step 3. Go to box 5

Step 4. Click "last" six times to INCREASE to 6

Step 5. You will see the new names.

Step 6. Press RENAME

That is it. Hey, the worst that can happen is that you need to reload Universe and try again. The BEST is that Universe WORKS OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is best way ever you should tried! Very easily, quickly, effective! The best ideas!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! Renaming my Universe file solved the loading issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2015 Jun 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've wasted several hours trying to get PremirePro 2015 to recognize the Universe Plugins and I could've saved  4 days of frustration with Red Giant Tech support. (For starters they even had me change my PremirePro Universe Plugin settings, nothing they suggested worked.  

That all changed after I renamed all the UNIVERSE plugin names.

THANKS GREYWOLF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C:/Program Files/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MediaCore/Red Giant Universe

Should that be in ..../8.0?... or  .../9.0/....? (instead of7.0)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope... There is no 8.0 or 9.0...you might have 6.0, but that is from Creative Suite 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 16, 2015 Oct 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Grey Wolf - I just updated to 2015 -- having an adventure with Sapphire, Film Impact and Universe plugins - Plugin Loading Log: some load and show; some don't load and most load but don't show. I looked in AppData/Roaming and see 6.0, 8.0 and 9.0 folders!!!! I will create a 7.0 and remove the rest to see if that does it. QUESTION: WHAT IS THE CORRECT FOLDER NUMBER - 7.0, 8.0 OR 9.0?  2014 appeared to have 8.0, CC 7.0 and CS6 6.0, which leads me to think 2015 should be 9.0.

Can anyone help here???

Thank you!

Diane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Diane,

The path you referred to is only for Premiere Pro CC 2015, i.e.

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Premiere Pro\9.0

which contains data specific to the Function of Premiere Pro, i.e. the following files:

control surface folder - logs - and various other instructional text files.

The actual plugin files live here:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore\Red Giant Universe

In the first release of Adobe CC 2015 there appeared to be some weird naming convention issue. As I explained in the first post, renaming the individual plugins fixed the issue.

As of the most current release of both Adobe CC 2015 Premiere Pro AND After Effects as well as Red Giant Universe 1.5.0 (which is what I have) ALL is now OK with the native naming of the Universe plugins. I hope this helps. If not, send me an email at greywolfone@hotmail.com and we will try to sort it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes GreyWolf - I was only referring to 2015. 2014 was 8.0 and CC 7.0 My point was for those of us updating to 2015, with plugins seemingly loading but not showing up in Premiere. Too bad Adobe doesn't offer more specific advice about where Premiere looks to recognize plugins - like pointing to the Media Core folder within the same number as the release - for example having:

Users/'name"/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Premiere Pro/2015 (instead of 9.0)  point to ProgramFiles/Adobe/Common/Plugins/2015/MediaCore .

Or at least matching the two numbers.

Every time I have updated getting my plugins back has been an adventure!

Thanks,

Diane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answer to which folder Users/'name"/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Premiere Pro points to in order to LOAD the plugins is 9.0 - not 7.0! This is how I discovered it --

I fooled with this most of yesterday, did a lot of research and testing - at one point I had a 6.0, 8.0 and 9.0 folder in that directory. I had tested copying folders into a 7.0, 8.0 and 9.0 folder, clearing the cache each time. 7.0 sure made sense because of the Media Core folder residing in the 7.0 folder within Plugins, but things aren't always logical I guess.

ISSUE:

Updated to 2015; reinstalled Sapphire, Universe, MB and Film Impact plugins; they loaded but were not "seen" by Premiere. (Windows7)

SOLUTION:

1. Move unseen plugin folders from ProgramFiles/Adobe/Common/Plugins/7.0/MediaCore to the Desktop

2. Open Premiere, holding SHIFT key until the Welcome screen pops up (this clears the cache Premiere uses to load the plugins installed into the MediaCore folder)

3. Close Premiere

4. Move folders back into ProgramFiles/Adobe/Common/Plugins/7.0/MediaCore

5. Open Premiere (not holding SHIFT key)

Voila!

Cheers,

Diane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW...It would seem that you found a solution via a really difficult path. erhaps some holdover issue with the update to CC 2015. As you noted, moving everything out, then clearing residual set-up data was just what you needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea - didn't take long to do, just a day to research and test!!

But at least it's solved. Appreciate your advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You,

had just done the 2015.1 update, and universe was showing in AE but not Premiere. This fixed it, short and sweet. 

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before I found this thread I created a ticket at red giant (and unfortunately wasted a couple of hours uninstalling red giant and farting around).  I'll be interested to see if they know about the fixes here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Videowilk's solution did the trick for me, no renaming files necessary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Videowilk, you are a life saver!  Adobe should hire to clean up their sorry support service!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow - thank you! I was pleased to finally solve this. I love your handle - I too, am a slow typist!

Cheers,

Diane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2015 Dec 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Videowilk,

You legend! Thank you, your solution worked for me.

Cheers mate!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, another vote for Videowilk's fix - worked for me exactly as specified, avoided lots of tedious effects replacements.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  A whole lot for this advice. Worked perfectly!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2016 Jan 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You beauty! THANK YOU! X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 28, 2016 Feb 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beautiful solution! Thank you Mylady, that was no less than 100% brilliant! Love and cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 28, 2016 Feb 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you one and all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your solution worked like a dream for me on the latest install - thanks very much Diane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines