• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Red Giant Universe Transitions Crashes Premiere

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Title says it all. Exclusively Red Giant Transitions crashes my premiere, using vfx or anything else supplied by red giant is fine. I can play the timeline and it can render a 1/4th version of transition, but trying to render the selection, exporting the timeline, or even pausing over the transition crashes premiere. Attached are 2 crash logs. 

Thanks!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the problem is related to Universe only, I think you'll get better answers by calling redgiant's support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, folks from Red Giant have said this is specifically an Adobe problem and there's nothing they can do about it until Adobe patches it. It's getting seriously annoying, especially when clients come back with "small" changes to projects that had these effects before it got broken, and you can't migrate those projects back to a previous version of Premiere where they still work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is a very old post but I just ran into a very similar issue.  I was excited to try all of the fixes suggested but none worked for me (and we're obviously all on different versions of software).  We were struggling with Universe Transitions (Slide transition specifically).  The entire Premiere Pro project would come to a call and more often simply crash even when not rendering.  We're on Windows 10 Pro.

After troubleshooting an entire day, we found that it was the presets we made within the Universe Slide transitions user interface that were causing the problems.  We deleted the user presets folder (in Windows Explorer) and it ran perfectly (but of course, the transitions all defaulted to the default settings and we needed to redo each transition's properties).  We had a lot of them so we created another preset thinking the old presets were just corrupted. We chose that preset for a few transitions and tried to export- this crashed the system the moment it reached the transition.  Deleting the presets folder again (outside of Premiere Pro, in Explorer) we lost all of the transition settings but it again ran perfectly.  We can manually change the settings of the transition but the moment we create and use a user preset (a preset within the Universe Transition panel), it kills the system.  We've done reinstalls and uninstalls and we just can't use created user presets...  Not sure who's at fault (if it's Adobe or Maxon) but at least this "work-around" works perfectly for us.  Maybe it'll help someone else out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Stephen - that's a big help struggling with this under adeadline here. Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines