• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remote collaborative video editing software suggestions

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What remote video editing software do you use when wanting to work off a shared network for editing with FCP and Premiere Pro? Currently using Postlab (Postlab (hedge.video)) and looking for alternatives?

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Premiere Pro:

Team Projects is a hosted collaboration service that allows editors and motion graphics artists to work within Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Adobe Prelude, and Adobe Media Encoder.

For Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro:

LucidLink Filespaces - The cloud becomes an extension of your hard drive, cloud file system for remote video editors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My partner Mo is in Cape Town. I'm in Oregon. We have numerous projects with the file storage being on Amazon S3 servers in London, all handled by LucidLink.

Which is all kinds of magical.

Mo tells me on the phone he's uploading a folder of media to our LucidLink filespace in London. Within 5 seconds, I see the folder appear in my LucidLink virtual drive in Finder. A few seconds later I see filenames in that folder.

Shortly after that I can go into Premiere and navigate to and import those files. Drop onto a timeline.

And they haven't completed uploading yet from Cape Town to London!

We've used both Team Projects and the Production mode of Premiere. Either works pretty well as long as you're not using H.264 media and your ISP speeds are above 200Mbps.

If using H.264 or ISP speed is below 200Mbps, simply "pin" the files in your virtual drive, and LucidLink caches those files on local storage.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AWS is the best for such purposes, to my mind. The speed is high, and working on a project together is easy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines