• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remote editing Premiere Pro 2020

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my name is Gemma and I would need help setting up a remote working system with Premiere Pro 2020.
It is an audiovisual project (a low budget documentary) in which there are 2 editors, each one in a different country.
Ideally, we would like to work remotely and at the same time. The shooting material is stored in dropbox and we access both at the same time. Now we would like to store the premiere project and be able to work at the same time. Would it be possible? What alternative do we have?
We need to work in Premiere Pro 2020 because an editor cannot update her computer operating system.
Thank you very much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, regular Premiere Pro does not "work at the same time" and trying to open the same file at the same time will cause corruption

Copy files to/from your local hard drive to edit

OR https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/video/review-and-collaboration.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much.
I was trying to work as Avid does. You can store your avid project in dropbox and open it at the same time in two different devices. But it seems it's not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That might be possible if you use a screen sharing app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has two different processes for collaborative work, and both can work quite well. One is "Team Projects", the other is "Productions".

They both lock sequences while one editor is working, so others can only view that sequence but not change anything. And work a little differently from each other as well as from "stand-alone' Pr projects it does take a little bit of reading and testing.

But they both can work very well.

Team Projects ... the project file itself is stored on Adobe's CC Cloud, all invited CC memebers have access to it. The assets need to be stored locally.

Productions ... is actually a completely different process, you create a Production which creates a physical folder on-disc, and then subfolders within that Production for organizing your overall project. Then within each folder, you create project files for that part of the process.

And sequences can be in different projects than the media ... they should be, actually! ... without any duplication of assets in the entire Production. It's faster loading and working than a single massive project file.

Transfer of Files

I don't recommend Dropbox other than as a transfer service ... but NOT with the 'synced' Dropbox folder as local home for the files, as that can confuse Pr or Resolve or whatever app due to the constant header changes the syncing services due to track 'new needing syncing' stuff.

My partner Mo in Cape Town and I have worked with Team Projects for years, including testing things out for the devs some time back. And we've also worked with Productions, while using LucidLink's transfer service.

LL ... is ... well, you know the phrase, something about anything past your understanding is essentially "magical"? ... LucidLink is in that category. It creates a virtual drive on all connected systems, and transfers video media sorted into packets as needed for video apps. Something no other service actually does. They just transfer data, data is data. LL is designed to 'see' video files and transfer usable data bit by bit.

Mo is in Cape Town SA, I'm in Oregon, USA. Our joint files are on an Amazon S3 server in London.

He phones me (WhatsApp is wondrous for that international calling!) and says he's uploading a folder of files to our LL storage. Within seconds, that folder appears in my LL virtual drive. A couple seconds later, I see filemames appearing.

At that point, I can go into PrPro, and import those files! Drag/drop them to a sequence, start playback. And they aren't even finished uploading from Cape Town to London yet!

So ... I can guarantee that what you want is possible. Team Projects is 'cheaper' as your project file is in your CC account storage, you're only paying whatever the dropbox service charges.

LL does cost a bit, but is near instant and ... near magical.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some resources ...

Adobe Long-form and Episodic Best Practices Guide 

Jarle’s blog expansion of the pdf Multicam section: Premiere Pro Multicam

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines