• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Render error - GPU Render Error Unable to process frame.

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2016 Jul 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only am I dealing with the black source monitor bug, I can't even output h264. Why do we pay a fee per month for beta (at best) software again?

------------------------------------------------------------

- Encoding Time: 00:05:20

07/20/2016 09:25:18 AM : Encoding Failed

Export Error

Error compiling movie.

GPU Render Error

Unable to process frame.

Writing with exporter: H.264

Writing to file: \\?\F:\*Path to file*.mp4

Writing file type: H264

Around timecode: 00:01:33:11 - 00:01:33:18

Rendering effect: AE.ADBE Lumetri

Rendering at offset: 93.260 seconds

Component: EffectFilter of type GPUVideoFilter

Selector: 9

Error code: -1609629695

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 20, 2016 Jul 20, 2016

I nuked the Lumetri color work I did on 2 spots and went back to our old buddy, the fast color corrector. This is the only way I could get it to render out. Setting it to software, disabling the Intel h264 box did nothing. Lumetri is just straight up broken in this new version. Pretty hilarious when you think about it, given how much touting they did of the "features"

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exact same problem.  Was your project created in an older premiere version?  Mine was and I believe it's because the Lumetri effect is not supported and forwarding forward.

If that is the case, it is maddening!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I nuked the Lumetri color work I did on 2 spots and went back to our old buddy, the fast color corrector. This is the only way I could get it to render out. Setting it to software, disabling the Intel h264 box did nothing. Lumetri is just straight up broken in this new version. Pretty hilarious when you think about it, given how much touting they did of the "features"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2016 Jul 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that's the issue across the board.  I get the error without Lumetri applied, and all the media that I have used Lumetri for has worked just fine so far.  Even the new HSL Secondary worked quite nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was. I'll rebuild the project later, but I'm on a deadline. Trying software render, disabling h264 intel setting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just missed a deadline for this error myself.

Not fun.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this error pop up quite often, especially on RED projects.

Turns out my GTX 760 just wasn't powerful enough. The problem doesn't occur after upgrading to a GTX 1080. Are you using a slightly older graphics card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify, Lumetri is now working great with the updated graphics card. No errors or issues and I use various LUTs and all of the tabs/panels within the Lumetri Color plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine's a new error. I've edited just fine for about a year on this machine, and things suddenly stop working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2016 Sep 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So to be clear - the Lumetri effect will not work with Encoder? I can get my exports to work when I export directly from Premiere - but man is that killing productivity. I'd just like an update - I'm running a GTX980 - if that isn't enough video card I'm getting out of the business!

Adobe - is anybody on this? I couldn't even get into a chat session today. You got better service when you paid $1,500 for the bundle instead of the monthly payment deal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2016 Sep 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just FYI I am using a work around in the Adobe Media Encoder now. There is a drop down menu in below the queue "renderer". If you choose software only my renders are working. Of course without the video card they take longer, but it's working in the meantime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2016 Sep 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a huge issue Adobe better get to solving quickly. I have missed 2 deadlines on video projects due to this. Ive tried rewrapping, eliminating h.264. I am building a new system specifically for Davinci Resolve, Lumetri is a jjoke and causes more issues than it solves. I was under the impression I was saving time by trying out Lumetry within Premiere Pro rather than my usual Resolve workflow, quite the contrary. I simply cannot afford to continuously have issues on software that is labeled for "Professionals":

My last error is pasted below, I don't have too much faith in Adobe right now, Am beyond livid at the moment. What a waste of money and time!

- Encoding Time: 00:00:07

09/18/2016 02:04:14 AM : Encoding Failed

Export Error

Error compiling movie.

GPU Render Error

Unable to process frame.

Writing with exporter: H.264

Writing to file: \\?\E:\KritiKal\Pay The Rent\Delivery\FINAL\You Tube 1080p\Kritikal_Pay_The_Rent.mp4

Writing file type: H264

Around timecode: 00:00:00:09

Rendering effect: AE.ADBE Lumetri

Rendering at offset: 0.000 seconds

Component: EffectFilter of type GPUVideoFilter

Selector: 9

Error code: -1609629695

Cant chat on the weekends, cant speak to anyone after 5pm M-F, Adobe your customer service is a joke too! @adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a better answer. It's an easy fix!

After much troubleshooting, I discovered that you have to use the Lumetri effect in an adjustment layer. If you use it in the clip alone, it won't work.

The even better news is that doesn't mean you have to modify all your clips. All you have to do is create an adjustment layer across the entire sequence in question, then add the Lumetri effect. You don't have make any modifications to the Lumetri effect -- it just has to be present in the adjustment layer (above all of the other clips that contain the Lumetri effect).

Works like a charm and will save you tons of time!

So yeah, it's definitely a software bug. But until it's fixed, this is an easy workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear it! You're very welcome. Thanks for letting me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, i have the exact same problem, as posted here Re: GPU Render Error | Nvidia GTX 1080 | Premiere Pro CC (2017)

getting effects on or off an adjustment layer is not the solution sadly, i put all effects on adjustment layers and still get it.  (i think you were just lucky, the error is at random points).

adobe error.PNG

david

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey David,

So sorry to hear about the problems you're still experiencing. All I can say is that I didn't get lucky. My results of moving the Lumetri effect to an adjustment layer worked consistently across multiple sequences and projects and were always reproducible. Others have sent me messages attesting to the same.

There was one instance where I wasn't able to get things to work. In that instance, I simply had to close out and restart Premiere Pro. For whatever reason, that did the trick.

It is interesting though that you're pulling the error at different timecodes. Are you sure that's still happening? Are you sure there isn't a Lumetri effect still in place in the clip at 00:00:22:00?

Have you tried exporting with both Adobe Media Encoder and the native export option in Premiere Pro?

Any way you slice it though, I wholeheartedly agree with you that the Lumetri effect is glitchy.

Please keep us posted on your progress. And good luck!

Trevor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your nice reply!

at the moment i can't access the original premiere file and check for details, but the only way i could export my edit was to export the sequence without the adjustment layers, then import that file into 2015.3, and add the same adjustment layers (and titles. lots of work) again. then the export was fine. so for me i'm sure it was not any effects in the footage (non-adjustment) files as that was the ony thing that -did- export successfully..

something has changed in 2017 in the lumetri effect that troubles the export (but not the timeline playback).

on another computer (also nvidia, but another type) had the same effect, error on random point..

i hope it can be fixed soon!  (at least i now still have the troublesome prproj file so every new edition i know soon enough if it works or not, without loosing a lot of time and work.)

thanks again and fingers crossed for adobe fixing this.

david

ps, the error is at random points (hard to trouble shoot!) and exporting through media encoder has the same effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Thanks for the update! Glad you were able to get things sorted out with v. 2015.3, but wow -- what a hassle.

I wonder if you may have inadvertently discovered another Lumetri glitch. Perhaps it's conflicting with a specific effect. Or, even worse, perhaps there's a specific Lumetri setting that's throwing a monkey wrench into the works.

The random break point thing is very troubling though...

Oh well, not your problem now. Hopefully Adobe fixes these issues and soon, but I'm not holding my breath. I think you've got a good approach -- periodically check out your original project in the latest Adobe Premiere updates and see if it works. When it does, you'll know it's safe to go back into the water.

All the best!

Trevor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fix confirmed here, i now managed to export my troubled project file for the first time with success with the new nvidia video drivers! hurray!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, great to hear it!! I'll have to see if my NVIDIA drivers have a new version as well. Then again, it could be the phenomenon of simply rebooting. I sure hope not.

Thanks for the update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think nvidia updates all drivers (of certain category) at once, guess yours are updated as well. fingers crossed,  good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the day where adobe just take it slow with new features after features after features after features, and try to fix there software's machine room - that day, will be a glorious day and i will stop having sleepless nights.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That a prefect hint man! Thank you so much. Lucky me to find your post, it worked perfect. Moved all Lumetri effects to adjustment layer and bingo! Rendered just fine. Uhhh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got Gtx760 and updated to latest Nvidia drivers, 378.49, but still the same error with CUDA rendering.

The only Solution is to Render without Cuda! Just Software Mercury.

Is Premiere support gtx760 for Cuda rendering ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines