Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Render glitch driving me nuts!

Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I try to export a project from premiere pro. When in preview ( unrendered) the movie looks fine and smooth ( I have optical flow on and reduce speed with 5 to 10%)

When I render it to a h.264 all strange things happen, frames drop out, get darker etc.. But it happens randomly?!?! Now that drives me nuts... I now found a way after a long trail and error fase to get the videos out.. But when ( there are a lot of files) I want to render them in media encoder the frames drop again?!?!? Please Adobe tell me why, tell me why... Where is this strange inconsistency coming from? When the sequence is unrendered it looks nice and jolly but after rendering it drops out, AND while exporting as well.

I run premiere 11.1.2 ( I did a downgrade earlier cause it went ballistic on other fronts..)

and a mac pro ( late 2013)

mac OS sierra.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

For now I think it has something to do with the render engine I first set it to software only mode, but it did weird stuff on effects ( for example I had a blur on a layer and it the hole layer was positioned somewhere else.) But it rendered without the glitches.. I now set the render to GPU ACC metal modus and that seems to work with the effects and without the glitches.. But it takes some time.. Hopefully there is a way to work on openGL in the future without glitches...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of exporting directly to H.264, try exporting to ProRes 422, then using AME to convert to H.264. You can even set up a Watch Folder to do this automatically for you. Your ProRes file will also export faster than your H.264 file, although the total time of exporting ProRes and then converting to H.264 may or may not be faster than if you tried to directly export to H.264.

Create a watch folder |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you will not believe it... but the ProRes have glitches too ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the glitches the same every time and on the same frames? If so, I would set an in/out point and only export a small section to save yourself time while troubleshooting.

Have you tried clearing your Media Cache before exporting? That often fixes a lot of problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first thanks for trying to fix this.. but i'm getting a bit desperate...  for the whole project it would be a no go to try to export little pieces and second it happens on different frames on the export... i'll try a new render after clearing de cache, but i already think i did that along the way... first I thought it was one specific file i used in the sequence but it happens with more files. I also tried to set the settings of the rendering and playback to engine software only, that helps on some parts of the project, but it screws up a big portion of my project... I really can't tell why...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried creating hiRez prevew files and setting your render to use those?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your response Brian. the thing is, if i play the sequence in premiere WITHOUT rendering it all look well and smooth and perfect. when I render there are some glitches appearing also in the sequence in premiere...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't suggesting that you export bits and pieces, it was simply a suggestion to export a small test so you can troubleshoot different things quickly, as opposed to exporting the entire video every time, only to see it fail. Have you tried importing this project into a new one? That can help sometimes.

Do you have any adjustment layers covering all of your footage? Perhaps there's a bad effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

I already take small parts of the project.. 😉 I tried everything i didn't have an adjustment layer, but now have. I took all the color corrections of went back to the basics.. I really think it is a speed issue but I can't but my finger on it and it's really frustrating because it looks al so nice and fine in the project....  ( only not rendered)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by a "speed issue?" If you post a sample of the video showing the glitch or more frames that would be helpful. But I doubt drive speed or bandwidth is an issue here. Is the glitch a heavily colorized version of your frame every time? I understand you already tried some things, but you have to provide some more detail if we're going to keep guessing.

If you go into your Sequence Settings and change your previews to be ProRes, per Brian's suggestion, what happens when you set a small In/Out point in the timeline and render? If it's successful and you see no glitches, you can then choose to Match Sequence Settings and then Use Previews while exporting to combine those preview files into a ProRes file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, in the Export Settings dialog, do you have any of the boxes checked in the Effects tab?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have anything ticked in the effects tab..

I think this is a h 265 version, I tried so much not sure anymore, but there are a lot of glitches here... I never encountered this problem before. I talk about speed rate of the clip I think that might be the problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting that. Did you ever try clearing your Media Cache? That's the first thing you should do when you see problems like this. And again, since you're not responding to all the things I said, I can't tell if you tried it, I would set your Sequence Settings to be ProRes and render a small test inside the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi david,

I think I did all of the above cleaned cache changed the sequence settings.. but there keeps a frame popping up like the pictures I sent. It's random so I really don't know what to do anymore.. It's just two or three frames in the render but that's still 2 or 3 frames  to many..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O and when I play in premiere it still look good with al the render and preview settings, just not on export!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that it looks good in the timeline, but that doesn't help since your video needs to be rendered upon export. When you changed your sequence settings to ProRes and rendered the entire timeline did it look good?

If so, you can use those preview files without having to make new ones by clicking the "Match Sequence Settings" box at the top of the "Export Settings" dialog. Then if you set that up correctly you can click the "Use Previews" button at the bottom of the dialog.

Try this and see what happens. But first, change your sequence previews (the section at the bottom) to be ProRes. You might have to choose the "Desktop" preset from the dropdown menu at the top of the window in order to allow the change to ProRes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For now I think it has something to do with the render engine I first set it to software only mode, but it did weird stuff on effects ( for example I had a blur on a layer and it the hole layer was positioned somewhere else.) But it rendered without the glitches.. I now set the render to GPU ACC metal modus and that seems to work with the effects and without the glitches.. But it takes some time.. Hopefully there is a way to work on openGL in the future without glitches...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sequence 02.00_19_33_02.Still001.jpgSequence 02.00_19_33_03.Still002.jpg

First frame is what it must look like second is..... the glitch.....   in a render it can be one or two frames. in the next render there ar much more...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like a very stylized color grade. I'd have to see more frames of different subjects/objects to see if the 'glitch' looked familiar.

Do you have any adjustment layers over your clips or any effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines