Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Render In/Out Before Exporting

Guide ,
Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone.

I have a bunch of footage that I Slowed Down. For preview purposes, I use the In/Out Point, later, I select the Sequence- Render In To Out, to preview, and it plays correctly. Let's say that I want to Export my footage after It Is Slowed Down, Do I need to use the Sequence-Render In To Out, first then Export the Footage, or just select the footage and export it?

Thanks

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to render before exporting, as those are separate processes.

But if you do render, make sure to check the "Use Previews" box so that the export will use the rendered files and will be a little faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sami.

So, Technically, Render is only for Previewing Correct?

In other words, If I Render my footage, and later Export the Footage, is useless?

Thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you already rendred, you can check the "Use Previews" box while exporting, and it will use the rendered files instead of the original media.

But mainly yeah, rendering the timeline is mainly for previewing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A full render and replace is a different action. As the codec you set is used to create full in the bin replacement media for the selected timeline clips. And you can include effects, so heavy things like Warp or denoising are processed and you're done with them.

And at need, simply choose "restore unrendered" and you ho back to the original clips.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr. Neil.

Render and Replace, is it in the premiere Menu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select one or more clips in the timeline panel on the sequence. Right-click to get the context menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, Here is the Screen-Shot. Righ click-Render and Replace.

Render and Replace.jpgSo Technically if I do This, I don't need to use the Export option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not the same as an export. This creates new individual clips to replace the ones on the sequence. Not a complete single export.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr. Neil.

Thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally you can just select the sequence, and export. With in/out selected if you wish to export only part of the sequence.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mr. Neil.

Once Again Thanks for the Info. Here is a video on Render and Replace With Effects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_MYVMjqScc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines