• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rendering Error Code 4

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Forum,  Today I have been getting this Error Code when trying to render, even short clips.

I have been unable to find any specific online help

As an experiment, I opened a different Premiere Pro project and was able to render without any issues.  However, when I reverted back to the problem project, the error recurred. When I try to render different parts of the project, I get the same Error Code 4 but the timecode numbers are different.  I have been rendering within this project for a few days without issue.  So why now?

render errror code 4.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make new project and import old one.

See how that goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to delete your video previews, choose Sequence - Delete Render Files

or delete the video previews manually, you can find them at the same location as scratch disks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SteveMVP,

Still having trouble here? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same issue and deleting render files doesn't work. What other methods can I try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

clean media cache

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I clean the media cache? I'm not real computer savy...  thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind; I googled it. Deleting the cache worked! Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having render issues again!  I bught a new external 6T Hard drive and started anew on this drive.  I also dledted my media cache.  Apparently I have about 7 gigs of random memory tied up somewhere on my iMac hard drive, but I don't knkw how to find it.  Can uyou please assist me?  I've got two projects that I have gto get out byu Friday!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Kevin,

I'm still having trouble.  I bought a new 6T hard drive and started all over on this drive.  Still getting the error 4 message.  I cleared my cache from Premiere preferences.  What next?  I need to get several shows out this week!  I think there are files being stored on my computer's hard dirve, but I don't know where or know how to find them.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be great if Adobe didn't award us with stupid badges that I don't need and actually instead of telling us error code for they actually told us that our scratch disk Drive was for it would be very helpful instead of wasting an entire 90 minutes trying to figure out what the F is wrong with my footage can Adobe please try to streamline and tell non-computer scientist people like myself what the problem is in plain English instead of error code for which means absolutely nothing and almost any forum that I look at anyways sorry about my rant but maybe you could pass this on to your developers for always trying to snoop into my private business 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your hard drive is probably full. Mine was until I realised. Was getting this error messgae.

Try another drive ffor you rnders or exports.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jamestag,

Thanks for your suggestion, I found the solution. 

After deleted some files from my hard drive and, finally exported without any problem.

Regards,

André 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you are right, thank you so much. My problem is solved by just clearing space in the drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally Be nice of Adobe will let us know what the problem was instead of telling us there's an error code that means absolutely nothing to a non-computer scientist like myself thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

benediktf96484630  if your problem was that you had insufficient hard disk space, removing a few files may solve the immediate issue but you're still sitting on a timebomb.  You should always keep at least 10% free space on any hard drive and atleast 20% on your startup drive.  If your hard drive has very little space available, things can get corrupted and you could potentially lose everything on the drive.  Many programs will automatically write files to your startup drive so you need to regularly monitor the space available cause this can bite you on the butt at the worst possible moment.   I know TechToolPro has a utility that will warn you if drive space is becoming a problem.  I'm sure there are other apps out there that will do the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also getting this error, and it was working fine before, I have a brand new computer. Very concerning. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into this problem just yesterday and went through the annoying trials of dealing with it this morning, like everyone else who uses Adobe Premiere Pro, I came on here to seek answers and used every trick suggested.
Alas, many of them did not work. Except for one.
I removed the effects I had added to the video clips to enhance the visual appearance, to my surprise, and relief, that worked. The error message went away, I was able to render and save the project and I am in complete blissful joy right now.

And it's for that reason I wanted to come on here and thank you and everyone within the Adobe Community for your advice and help for one another when we all suffer from troubles like these ones. 
Stay healthy and safe and, to all content creators out there who use Adboe, keep on creating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your thanks and thanks for posting your solution.  but...  wondering why it worked.    If you want to help others, it would be a good idea if we could figure out what was causing the problem.  Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and tell us your source properties and your sequence settings?  Were any of the effects you'd applied 3d party effects?  If not, what effects were they?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you are using a hard disk, most probably, it is because you accidentally disconnected the hard disk, I had the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this Issue from the last 2 days and i am so frustrated as i am unable to do my work on it please help me on getting this resolved 

Zain5FE8_0-1613458704834.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new version has been crap for exporting, just check the reddit to see other people having the same issue.

I just export about 5 times, constantly until it randomly decides to work one of the times (not sure why it does) Software only isn't an option since I have deadlines and can't wait 6 hours for a render, so just try a few times in a row until it decides to work 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Did you solve or find a way to fix this problem temporary?

I can't render a XML exporter timeline out of Davinci Resolve in Premiere Pro and gives me the error code 4 aswell..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have the latest version of premiere 2020 on my macbookpro that I have at home (recovering from reactions to my second pfizer jab), but in the version of 2020 on my system, you have the option of exporting a fcp xml which will then usually export a file that will hopefully import into resolve (although this is often problematic).  

but before we can help, Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and source properties and sequence settings.   frame rates could be important.   

A don't think an xml  export should have an issue with incompatible effects as in my experience it just you a pop up saying that certain effects were not included...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and since most effects will not transfer to resolve, you might try selecting your entire timeline, control click and choose remove attributes and get rid of all effects, etc and see if that will export (and of course, duplicate your sequence before doing this)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines