• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reversing a clip

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a clip that I want to flip the direction of play. I want to take the end and make it the beginning and I want to make the beginning the end, basically I want to rotate the clip in the sequence. However, I don't want to use the reverse effect. Is there a way to do this?

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want the end to be the beginning, you will have to Reverse.

Unfortunately, if you were walking forwards then after Reversing you will be walking backwards..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure which reverse effect you don't want to use, or why but this is one option for backwards playing.

Right click on the clip and select Speed /Duration

Reverse speed2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently trying to make a loop of someone walking. When I divide the clip in the middle and  use the cross disolve effect like a normal loop I get a shadowy sillouette with the subject's movements. This is where this quesiton is coming from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the person is walking in the middle, the loop should work rather well.

If the person is walking from one end of the frame to the other end of the frame, that would be challenging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Dalton,

You may want to experiment with time remapping. This editor has some nice ideas. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, if you don't want to use reverse effect, you can take your camera and shoot it again in reverse direction.

-Office : Adobe || Home : Resolve-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines