Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving Closed Captions using .scc file format

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

First off, I'm new at Premiere Pro. I just learnt how to use the program and create closed captions when I friend asked me to CC his show.

I'm currently trying to export my captions in Premiere Pro CC, they need to be in .scc file format (as per the network guidelines). When I click export options, I choose sidecar file. The issue I am having is that Adobe is not giving me the .scc file format option. My options are .mcc, .srt and .xml. What am I doing wrong that the program isn't giving me the .scc file option?

I have set up my closed captions using CEA-708 and Service 1. My captions are set to "pop-on".

I have attached a picture of my export screen so you can see my settings to help further assist you in answering my question.

Screen Shot 2018-02-13 at 8.23.40 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a captions expert, but I cannot get an scc option for 708. What does the station require? I can get it with 608.

I do not see anything that helps in the PR guide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the problem I'm running into right now too. I could get the file to save in .scc format when I used CEA-608 but not with CEA-708. I've sent out an email with the network so see if they want 608 or 708.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot export scc from Premiere, but you can export to EBU or SRT and convert it to Scc in Subtitle Edit (a free open source program).

http://www.nikse.dk/subtitleedit

Hope this helps,

Seb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you yenaphe​ for that suggestion. I will check out that program!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. Seems like one more instance of Adobe Premiere not being a full & complete piece of professional editing software. It's frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines