• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen Tearing Issues in Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having pretty bad screen tearing issues in all video panels when I view files on Premire. This hasn't been happening with any of my other media players on my computer. My laptop is a Lenovo Ideapad 720s with a NVidia GTX 1050 Ti graphics card. Tried going into the NVidia control panel and playing with vsync settings but it doesn't seem to be fixing anything. Any ideas?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have u found a fix because mine is experiencing the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those who do not want to use the changes in the NVIDIA driver, I suggest the following: just return to the mode of displaying the image in the program monitor via OPEN GL!

Ctrl + F12 (Windows) or Cmd + F12 (for MacBook Cmd + Fn + F12) in the Console Panel

DS.DisableDirectXDisplay - select true to switch from DirectX back to OpenGL in case of errors (interface work and video display in the Program / Program window)

PROFIT !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But will I still be using my GTX 1650? If I do switch that direct x off??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried this tip with no success. However, while changing it I did find a setting that helped. In the console Debug Database View, 5 settings below DS.DisableDirectXDisplay I found DS.ForceEnableVsync and set it to true. This did solve the problem, without any other system changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have u found a fix because mine is experiencing the same problem.

By @Yvng Chuck

Go to Nvidias Control Panel set Vertical sync to On.

Averdahl_0-1631464058797.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already turn on Vsync for Premiere pro and I applied it restarted my lapotp and is still experiencing this problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the latest Studio Driver? NVIDIA DRIVERS NVIDIA Studio Driver 471.68 (2021-08-10)

Do you have any model and brand for your laptop?

How did the tip from AudiON0D4C work out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately his tip didn't work, I have downloaded the latest studio drivers, and my brand of laptop is EVOO LP-10 from Walmart with a i5-10300h and gtx1650

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately his tip didn't work, I have downloaded the latest studio drivers, and my brand of laptop is EVOO LP-10 from Walmart with a i5-10300h and gtx1650

By @Yvng Chuck

I found one person with the same laptop that complained about screen tearing in games. He wrote that he solved it by doing a clean install of the Nvidia driver. Launch the installer and during the Install Options select Custom and check the Perform a clean install.

If it still is an issue a long shot is to inside Premiere Pro go to Edit > Preferences > Media and uncheck the "H.264/HVEC hardware acellerated..." and re-start Premiere Pro.

Averdahl_0-1631473590924.png

Averdahl_1-1631473852085.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies on such a late reply, but unfortunatly none of these options worked, I am still expirencing the Screen tearing and i have even reinstalled premiere and yet the problem persist, Thanks everyone for your help so far, but I have no idea why this I am still having this issue, because when I had this issue on my old laptop all i did was turn on vsync in nvidia control panel and boom problem fixed, but for some reason this time it isn't solving the tearing issue.... 🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still expirencing the Screen tearing and i have even reinstalled premiere and yet the problem persist,

By @Yvng Chuck

Where does the footage you use come from, what camera/s, screen recording, etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DJI Mavic Mini 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DJI Mavic Mini 2

By @Yvng Chuck

Got it! I have seen issues with that footage in before and it is heavily compressed. I would definitely consider transcoding that footage using Adobe Media Encoder to a more editing friendly codec such as ProRes. Try at least with one clip that you know are problematic using the settings in the screen dump below.

Or, start exploring the proxy workflow: Seamless Proxy Workflow in Premiere Pro

Pro: It will probably work

Con: It demands more disk space.

Averdahl_0-1632679233460.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunatly to no avail this strat hasn't work aswell... even regular footage that isnt drone footage also has this same screen tearing, time to contact Adobe's CEO for a lawsuit... lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunatly to no avail this strat hasn't work aswell... 

By @Yvng Chuck

Does it work if you go to File > Project Settings > General and set the Renderer to Software Only?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes i have tried the screen tear was still an issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes i have tried the screen tear was still an issue

By @Yvng Chuck

Do you see this on all clips or are there "only" some clips that have issues. I guess that all clips, more or less, suffer from this issue. Correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all clips that have camera movement there is creen tearing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am writing through a Google translator, I apologize for grammatical errors, I have been looking for an answer to this problem (i.e. premiere proda frame tear problem) for 2 years, my advice to you is to install Adobe Premiere Pro 15.1 ONLY I do and I'm sure there will be no problem like any tearing in the frames only in version 15.1!
By the way, one more thing, you can try this method, this method (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvjy4lAE1iA ) worked for me, but working in OpenCL without being a fast DirectX is a bit difficult for me. Please contact visionicloud@gmail.com for any help I am happy to help you remotely (via TeamViewer)!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines