• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shortcut for Playback Speed

Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize that the shortcut for increasing playback speed in Premiere is hitting L on the keyboard while playing. However, this only works if the timeline panel is active. And therein lies my problem—when working on captioning, the Transcript panel is active as I make corrections. But I want the video to play at 2X speed because I have hours and hours of this to get through. Unfortunately, I can't do this with a shortcut, because L doesn't work in the Transcript panel. Is there a UNIVERSAL shortcut (or command for which I can assign a shortcut) for increasing the playback speed? 

I thought a solution might be an applescript... but Premiere Pro doesn't support it. 

I'm looking for a way to hotkey the 2X playback speed of the current playing sequence WITHOUT needing to have the sequence panel active. Any help would be appreciated.

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not ideal, but could you hotkey making the Seq panel active, then press the speed up key?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks and this is what I've done. I set the command+1 to make the Seq panel active, then command+2 to Shuffle Right (so that I could do it without my mouse hand) and then command+3 to reactive the text panel (I need this for working on captions). This last shortcut doesn't seem to work 100% of the time, although I'm not entirely sure why. The other two work fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines