Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shortcut: Playback full screen?

Engaged ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I already use CMD + ` and CMD + \ but really want fullscreen playback (no UI or buttons) from the start of the timeline with one shortcut - plus all the usual playback shortcuts.

Is this possible?

Any pointers in the right direction would be much appreciated. Cheers, Ben

TOPICS
Editing , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

csscms,

I'm Windows, but Ctrl+` does exactly what you want. Full screen, no buttons etc, and all playback keyboard settings appear to work (space bar, jkl).

When I look in the keyboard mappings, the ' (tilde) key is mapped to "Maximize or Restore Frame Under Cursor" (Correct, and not what you want). But with the Ctrl modifier, it is set to "Toggle Full Screen" which should work.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

csscms,

Hey there. Have you tried remapping the keyboard? That's where you might start.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply but not sure what you mean sorry.

If you mean Keybard Shortcuts, I can't find a command to map to a shortcut. At least, I can't find anything for obvious searches like 'full' or 'play' etc. Do you know the command name?

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2023-03-20 at 9.49.14 PM.pngYes. Sorry if I didn't explain that well enough. Weird that "full" didn't work for you. Maybe you needed to scroll down on the list a bit. 

If you know the shortcut, but not the name, click the modifier shortcut and look at the button,. The name will appear on the button. In this case, Toggle Full Screen is what you're looking for. Some of the Function Keys are unmapped and do not require a modifier. You might try using one of those.

You can review the documentation when you have a sec.

Hope the tip helps. Come on back with any questions you have.

Cheers,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

csscms,

I'm Windows, but Ctrl+` does exactly what you want. Full screen, no buttons etc, and all playback keyboard settings appear to work (space bar, jkl).

When I look in the keyboard mappings, the ' (tilde) key is mapped to "Maximize or Restore Frame Under Cursor" (Correct, and not what you want). But with the Ctrl modifier, it is set to "Toggle Full Screen" which should work.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kevin-Monahan @Stan Jones Thanks guys.

CMD + ` doesn't do what I want, at least not on a Mac. Sure, it makes the viewer bigger but it's still cluttered with UI elements and RETURN doesn't playback from the start about 95% of the time (it seems to depend on the last action performed before hitting CMD + `).

Cheers, Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Stan Jones  Opps, just saw you did CTR + ` not CMD + ` Thanks heaps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

csscms,

Lol. I should finally learn the Mac commands one day. My partner Lisa would appreciate it so very much!

Does Ctrl+` work for you?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Stan Jones Yes, CTR + ` works on Mac. Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines