• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slicing One video into 5 individual measured sections

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2024 Aug 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone pls guide me in trying to slice sections of one video into 5 measured sections? The attempt at this is so that it looks unified when shown on different screens. I'm currently using Premier Pro, but I'm unsure if it's the right tool. I'm a beginner in video editing so unsure if I'm using the right terms, pls let me know

TOPICS
Editing , Formats , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would probably  be easier to find a hardware solution. I'd ask B&H or Adorama.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean?

Not sure if my post made sense but I want to slice a video 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you want five vertical bars from left to right?

You can try doing it with Masks, but I am not sure how precise you could get it.

You could create a Graphic for each bar with a Shape enabled as a mask for a video layer.

You could also do it in After Effects - either via an After Effects Composition in your Premiere Pro Timeline or by rendering the Comp and importing the resulting clip.  On the After Effects side, Solid Layers could be set as Track Mattes for each vertical bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2024 Aug 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make the first slice:

• Add the video to a sequence with the same frame size.
  • Go to Sequence > Sequence Settings.
  • In the Frame Size Width (W), add " / 5" to divide the width by 5.
  • Copy the new width or write it down.
  • In the Timeline, click the FX badge on the video clip to open the Effect Controls.
  • Set both the Position and Anchor Point X values to 0. This will move the far left side of the clip to the edge of the frame.

Make the second slice:

• Duplicate the sequence and load it in the Timeline.
  • Go to Effects and find the Transform effect, drop it onto the clip.
  • Click the FX badge on the video clip to open the Effect Controls panel.
  • Under the Transform effect, set the Anchor Point X value to the width of the sequence and the Position X value to 0.

Make the third slice:

• Duplicate the sequence and load it in the Timeline.
  • Click the FX badge on the video clip to open the Effect Controls panel.
  • Select the Transform effect, then press Cmd/Ctrl + C to copy and Cmd/Ctrl + V to paste.

Repeat these steps two more times to make the fourth and fifth slice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2024 Aug 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would make a grid graphic (easily done in Photoshop) and use the crop effect (program monitor) on each of the images.

Masking an image with a shape does not allow you to set an in and out point. (need to nest and slide the image.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines