• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow motion not rendering

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I edited a whole video and it was working flawlessly. When I rendered it all the speed ramped slow motion parts were paused or super choppy. I have heard of different FPS on sequence and ingestion makes a difference. But I have tried everything. I don't know what I did, but now the playback won't even playback the slow motion properly. WIthout doing this video over again, what can I do? The ingestion footage has a proxy, which I'm not even sure how I did that. I am at a loss, I have never had this issue before. The footage is a mix of DJI drone footage and Sony footage. Both are 1080p 60fps. It's odd too, the colors are all different depending on the first file I drop into the timeline. Adobe support is garbage and couldn't figure it out with over an hour on my computer. I am about to switch to FCP anyway but am wondering how to fix this. Thank you.

Computer MAC Studio M1ultra 64gb ram, Monteray updated....

Katherine24284429eppf_0-1663614814879.png

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Katherine,

Sorry for the frustration. Sounds like you were off to a good start. Let's see if we can get you back on track.

I edited a whole video and it was working flawlessly. When I rendered it all the speed ramped slow motion parts were paused or super choppy. 

When you say you rendered it all, do you mean you rendered the timeline for preview or are you referring to it after you exported the sequence? Are the speed effects all working before your render or export? I am also confused and wondered if the speed effects caused problems after you added them to your edit.

I have heard of different FPS on sequence and ingestion makes a difference. But I have tried everything. 

The correct way of adding speed effects is to use the Speed/Duration function or Time Remapping. It sounds like you probably did things correctly.

now the playback won't even playback the slow motion properly. 

You say you have DJI drone footage and footage from your Sony Camera; however, you also have proxies available. Do you know how to enable the proxies? Set up a button for that in the Program Monitor. Ensure it is enabled (it turns blue) and see how it works once engaged. Drone footage and particular codecs from popular Sony cameras are not optimized for use unless you have a PC with specific components. The new Macs are mighty, but that certain footage is very non-performant. Proxies in QuickTime ProRes format are a must (avoid the H.264 ones).

It's odd too, the colors are all different depending on the first file I drop into the timeline. 

This video tutorial should explain things: https://youtu.be/odwptnEhxJs

Adobe support is garbage and couldn't figure it out with over an hour on my computer.

When engaging with Adobe Support, always request the "video queue." If they cannot help you, ask for your case to be escalated. That might help. Let me know how I can help you more. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines