Some Premiere Pro Tools (Type Tool, Pen tool, Hand Tool) NOT WORKING on Dual Screen Set Up on M1 Mac

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Friends

I have a brand new MacBook Pro (M1 Silicon) Max.... running the latest MacOS Monterey 12.1  

I have a secondary monitor hooked up for a dual screen setup in Premiere Pro.  

I am a video editor and use Adobe Preimiere Pro constantly.  
Just updated to the latest version of Perimere Pro today, to make sure everything is up to date.

For the last few weeks, I've noticed that while in my Dual Monitor Preimiere Pro Workspace...
Some of my tools do not work in the program window viewport of the secondary monitor.
Things like the Type Tool, the Pen Tool, the Hand Tool.

These tools DO WORK when I change my workspace back to single monitor on the MacBook Pro.
But obviously this is frustration AF when I am working hard editing and have to keep changing my workspace layout just to add things like text layers or masks.

Anyone else having this issue?
Again, all of my software is up to date.  
Please help! I'll be your best friend if you do.

-H 

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suspect there are issues going on between applications, the OS and the M1's that will get ironed out in the coming months that may well be the cause of your problem. I regularly run Intel MacBook Pros + Premiere Pro on external monitors without issue (but not using M1 or PP22 - yet).

However a couple of suggestions, while this is usually an issue affecting Windows users - check if you are applying any 'scaling' to the external monitor via MacOS > system preferences > Displays. Set it to 'default for display' and see if any change.

If you are using a 'custom' workspace in Premiere Pro, does reseting this or using a default workspace resolve the issue?

If you start with the workspace on the MacBook screen (and it works normally) and then move the workspace over to the 2nd display - do the tools fail to work at this point?

Sorry not much help.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines