• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Somehow My Title Menu Is Missing

Engaged ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the latest PR CC 2017 on a new windows computer and I was working along, pressed "Control-T" thinking I'd get a title dialog and nothing happened. Then, I looked up at my menu bar (see attached) and the Title menu is gone!  Where did it go and how do I get it back?

titlemissing.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Hi peterkellner1,

This was removed in 11.1 since the new Essential Graphics was added. You can now go to File menu > New > Legacy Title.

Create title graphics |

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi peterkellner1,

This was removed in 11.1 since the new Essential Graphics was added. You can now go to File menu > New > Legacy Title.

Create title graphics |

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! sounds like this a big deal.  Any good videos out there on this new feature? I'm glad I can still get to the old title page.  I often end up in photoshop so I'm hoping this will make it so I don't have to go to photoshop so often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do we revert it so those of us who have our hotkeys in place don't have to retrain ourselves in the middle of large editing projects? For someone who uses this feature constantly, this is a downgrade - Avid is becoming more user friendly than Adobe with these recent changes... never thought I'd see that happen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then please update this Adobe Support article. And probably a million other ones. 

Create rolling and crawling titles in Premiere Pro

If Adobe is going to keep updating the Adobe CC apps, then it's their responsibility to keep their support articles up to date as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They do have a new pdf out, and at 573 pages it's not a bad manual. There's still a few mistakes & discrepancies, but it's vastly better than any of their other written pieces in general. It was "published" a week ago, and is still hard to find. I include the link.

It's got a complete chapter on the Legacy Titler, but the new EGP doesn't have its own chapter, it's included in the Chapter 3 list, Essential Graphics panel. Still, it includes much of the capabilities of the current EGP.

So there's info on both there.

Neil

https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/premiere_pro_reference.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But what about the title templates? Is it gone?! I've got lot of title templates and now I can't use them, I'm really sad and angry about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is the biggest BULLSHIT ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't even make titles easily anymore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't use the Legacy Title Tool?

Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 8.56.26 AM.png

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love the way that while Resolve and Avid continually strive to make their products editor friendly, Adobe seem determined to go the opposite way and complicate workflows. Every time you think you have PP sussed something fundamental changes, like when a supermarket changes all of the aisles around.

*Bangs head off desk and considers move to now very good Resolve*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create a NEW standard title, but I had about 30 templates in Titles - All gone.  This is a major problem if you do a lot of lower thirds and info titles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just took a look at the new Essential Graphics package (very slow loading) - is there a way to import old templates into the new graphics package or do they all have to be manually re-created?????

Would have loved a heads up that all my templates would vanish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did they ever fix this for you?? This seems like a HUGE programming error on Adobe's part - definitely did NOT think this change through in the least!! Hopefully they revert it or give users like us the option -- my PC just had this edit forced through and now a 10 minute project with their new method of making titles is going to take closer to an hour. Completely ridiculous!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AGREED 20000%!!!! why on earth complicate things and add an extra step to create a title??? what about loosing all the saved templates? all just gone!.... banging head against desk seems a good idea, sadly it wont change the way these "experts" think when coming up with the next brilliant idea on workflow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This change in the workflow in the middle of a huge project really sucks. So Your message to users is not to update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I had to redo a project. A whole half a day, gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It updated on me unprompted. This was a horrible surprise!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It isn't possible for these apps to update on their own. There's a dialog box to tell you an update is available,  but you have to click the option to upgrade before it does. I have known of folks who did admit that they'd had an "annoying" pop-up and clicked something just to make it go away.

And were shocked at what happened.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil,

Please explain to me how - with no dialogue boxes relating to updates or Premiere - I closed Premiere last week and opened it oday to find these boxes gone. As the sole user and admin of my computer who is passionately against clicking things to make them "go away" (extremely condescending assumption, by the way), I'm curious as to how this could happen if they could make this happen. And since I didn't consent, and you stated these products don't update on their own, since you're an ACP, I look forward to your clear, prompt explanation as to how this could have possibly happened and instructions to restore the approved version of Premiere CC to my computer.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run a scan for malware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No intent to be condescending. Most of the time, computer users these days get so freaking many pop-ups that it gets rather common to just want to make them go away. I've got some friends who've talked at professional events about the times they've done this in frustration only to realize they'd done something really, really screwy.

I can't have a prompt clear explanation as I wasn't there. However, the programs are not set to auto-update. I know of one other case where the user was opening the apps from the CC app itself, and if doing so, if there's an update it doth say 'update' rather than 'open' on the button. They were used to clicking on the 'open' button and well, it would have said 'update' at the time they'd clicked on it. But they did it on auto-pilot, just wanting to open the app & get to work.

As an old-fashioned type, who likes desktop icons ... I have the apps all in a group on my desktop, and PrPro/AE are both in the start-bar launch thing across the bottom of the screen. But a lot of users I know use the CC Desktop app for launching programs.

And as I haven't a clue which boxes were gone when you opened today, sadly I can't be of much help. Which is my main purpose for hanging around here ... trying to help other users with an app that can be a darn trying piece of ... unmentionable ... just after it was being so sweet & useful. It can do bizarre things ... I've found a number of them myself.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any editors actually designing this software anymore? It was SO MUCH better and faster in the workflow to take an exiting project with titles and create a new title "based on current title" and just change the font or move it without having to re do everything. I have many clients that simply want a font change or or something without saving over the title already there.. Looks like i'm going to try going back a version. RIDICULOUS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree, simple changes made hard, plus lost all my templates 😞

Absolutely ridiculous change...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines