• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sony FX6 footage (50fps,4k XAVC-I) and performance with mac studio ultra

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have poor editing performance on my mac studio ultra with Sony FX6 footage (50fps,4k XAVC-I).

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@arnop31210047 

Use Premiere Pro's Ingest Transcode option,  Media Encoder (included),  Sony Catalyst Prepare (free trial), Shutter Encoder (free/donation), Apple Compressor ($50), or the Finder to transcode to ProRes to take advantage of the Apple Mac Studio media engine for wicked fast and smooth editing.

If what you're editing is the product, use ProRes 422 HQ.  If you're editing for social media, Use ProRes 422 LT.

Apple's official recommendations based on workflow are as follows:

• Disk space is a consideration, or you’re editing a large multicam project?  Apple ProRes 422 Proxy or Apple ProRes 422 LT
  • You’re delivering Apple ProRes files as a final master for the web or TV?  Apple ProRes 422 or Apple ProRes 422 HQ 
  • You’re delivering for theater projection or effects compositing?  Apple ProRes 4444

A Mac Studio M1 Ultra should transcode 60 minutes of source to ProRes in 2 to 3 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Warren thanks for the info.

It's just strange because my macbook m1 max 14 inch runs the projects smooth as butter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is somewhat strange.  Do you have a project you can cut down to a handful of clips and share?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the response Warren but made the switch to resolve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines