• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Static Noise in Premiere Pro (no matter what audio file I use)!

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a HUGE problem that I've never seen anything like in Adobe Premiere Pro:

No matter what type of audio I put (whether it's a sound effect or my voice WITHOUT any background noise) it ends up turning into static whenever I import the wav, mp3, and mp4 files into Premiere Pro. 

If there was a way I could show a comparison of what the audio sounds like before importing and after the import, then maybe it could be easier.

Please help me in any way that you can.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

I don't think the answer that is marked correct is actually the answer. It is true that the static might not show up in the export, but it doesn't solve the static while editing. And the static problem is pretty brutal.

As soon as I throw an audio effect on, boom. Ugly static. I have a brand new 2019 MP with 192 GB of RAM and dual graphx cards. I was pretty sure it wasn't my computer hardware. 

And indeed it wasn't. After searching all over, I decided to play with every setting possible. And much

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe im missing something but none of these options pop up for me when i click on prefrences.  I can change input and output and video rendering and playback.   this static is driving me nuts is there a fix to this?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried changing buffer size from 64 to 256?

It worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no because i cannot find the screen you are displaying.  when i click prefrences the only options i see are to change my audio input and audio output.  then below that there is rendering and playback.  thats it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Adobe Premiere Pro version are you working with, on which OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its actually premiere rush and its static is unbearable what are some other video editing softwares avaible?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2023 Jun 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, if my setting was already on 512 and I was getting the static blips, then do I go down to 256 or go even higher?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH OH MY GOD. I have been editing a film project for well over several years now and literally the entire time I just thought I was bad at recording audio. Also, if changing the buffer size doesn't work for some people, what ultimately did it for me was raising the sample rate to around 192000. Once again, you are a god and I worship you implicity. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU! I was losing my mind with the static. This fixed it right away 🙂 You rock! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried all these options and still have static. Tried everything on this chain and no solution so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too what a joke, the only work around I found so far is to place the footage in audition and export the audio from audition and re link in premier but a bit of a faf and not really acceptable considdering the cost of the subscription. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's rough! What OS and Premiere version are you using? 

And you already tried changing the I/O buffer size to 64?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines