Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange auto-scrolling behavior in timeline

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2015 Apr 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've searched the forum but can't find a thread about this... I'm experiencing a strange feature/bug that's pretty irritating. A few minutes after I start Premiere, the timeline will start scrolling whenever I move my mouse cursor away from the center of the screen. You can see this happening at the link below:

Private Video on Vimeo

the password is: autoscroll

To be clear: this doesn't happen when I first start Premiere. It's usually 5-10 minutes into a session, and then I have to quit and re-start the program to get a few minutes of peace. Is this something I've accidentally turned on, that I can deactivate? It's really annoying to have the timeline scroll to follow my cursor, when I go for my effects or media browser.

iMac running 10.10.3, Premiere Pro CC 2014

Thanks for your help!

Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Hello All,

Update to Premiere Pro CC 2015 (9.0.1) from the Creative Cloud application to solve this issue.

If you do not see the update in the Creative Cloud application:

1. Relaunch the Creative Cloud application (gear icon)
  2. Sign out of the Creative Cloud application, then sign back in. (gear icon > Preferences)
  3. Restart the computer

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 155 Replies 155
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated to latest CC2015 update that came out on Monday and have not had this autoscroll error happen since.

*phew!*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strong work Colin!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac Pro 2013 D700 dual monitor Dells. Was seriously having the problem. So far all good!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason just having this problem in 2020, not sure what caused it or why it is happening 5 years later from this dead thread. Hopefully there's a fix to it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

Update to Premiere Pro CC 2015 (9.0.1) from the Creative Cloud application to solve this issue.

If you do not see the update in the Creative Cloud application:

1. Relaunch the Creative Cloud application (gear icon)
  2. Sign out of the Creative Cloud application, then sign back in. (gear icon > Preferences)
  3. Restart the computer

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Kevin and the Adobe team! For listening, working hard, and solving the issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2015 Oct 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have followed the the instructions but it did not address the problem I'm having which is very similar to the one described in the thread. In the source monitor, when I let go off the mouse or the wacom pen, the cursor in the timeline underneath copies the exact movement that I just performed. I have to wait for it to finish the move before I can do anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as far as i can see it looks like this update fixed the issue. I wanted to take the time to thank all those who fixed this. I know in this world of the internet it's not that common for the users to be thankful. tell the boys/girls that listened to us users and fixed this, Thank you! and Good work!

Greg Taylor

24 year adobe user... And counting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2015 Oct 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ITS BACK! The same very annoying issue is back with 9.0.2 - ADOBE can you please fix this once and for all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'll be traveling abroad from Saturday October 17th-Sunday, November 1st. I will have access to email, but my response time may be a bit slow due to the time difference.

Be patient, and I will get back with you as soon as I can.

Thank you.

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime I render a clip after the render is complete my curser goes to some random part of the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'll be traveling abroad from Saturday October 17th-Sunday, November 1st. I will have access to email, but my response time may be a bit slow due to the time difference.

Thank you.

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it happened to me...AND NOW it works!!!

It was a problem with the Adobe preferences (MAC)

1. Quit Any Adobe app

2. Rename the folders named Adobe as Adobe.old in the following locations:

/documents/Adobe

/library/appilication support/Adobe

/library/preferences/Adobe

3. Restart

4. Launch Premiere Pro

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 22, 2015 Oct 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am experiencing this bug again as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2015 Oct 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2015 Oct 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its still happening. 

I tried this but the Premiere wouldnt even open.

And it happened to me...AND NOW it works!!!

It was a problem with the Adobe preferences (MAC)

1. Quit Any Adobe app

2. Rename the folders named Adobe as Adobe.old in the following locations:

/documents/Adobe

/library/appilication support/Adobe

/library/preferences/Adobe

3. Restart

4. Launch Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2015 Oct 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same problem for a while with dual monitors.  I unchecked the "Import workspace from projects" in the workspaces section and it seems to have stopped.  2 days and counting, no weird erratic timeline scrolling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing this bug again. Have been applying PPCC 2015 updates as they've rolled out.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)

Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2016 Jun 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get this resolved?  The autoscroll should've been fixed in a CC2015 update about a year ago. 

See my earlier thread- I'll post below.  If the bug is not fixed by "the workaround," then most likely you are dealing with a new issue that is not the same, and it may be more appropriate to start a new thread about it.  Good luck!

Hey everyone,

There's a real easy workaround to fix this bug.  When the timeline starts to autoscroll, take a clip in your timeline and move it to a new spot.  Any clip to any new spot.  Then undo that move.  The timeline scrolling bug will now go away and you may continue to work without expecting a crash on your next edit.  Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ä°f you change your workspace for once and then return to old one again, problem disappears. I solved this way wÅŸthout closing premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug is still a thing in 2018 (Even using single-monitor setups). It's driving my coworker and me crazy! Come on Adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is October 27, 2018 and I just enountered this issue. Driving me crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines