Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Subtitles Appearance - Background Size - How to unlink height and width

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

This is my first time posting here so feel free to correct me if I you should approach this issue in some other fashion.

I love the new way Premiere Pro works with captions and it has really sped up my workflow. However I have one issue with how the background of the subtitles work. I am able adjust the size of the background box around the text, but I am not able to adjust the height and the width independently. This forces me to add spaces to the start and end of each line to manually create more padding on the sides. This workaround adds up to a substantial amount of time.

I have attached a video if I haven't explain what I mean well enough. 

It would great if you could add this functionality! Please enlighten if I just haven't found the right buttons 🙂

Best regards,

Trym

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Correct, that is currently not possible. Post the feature request here:
https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, that is currently not possible. Post the feature request here:
https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope they will improve it. I have the same problem. I need to put subtitles into video with different subtitles (burned in). So I have to hide old subtitles behind background of new subtitles but I would neeed to be able to change horizontal size of background, what is (unfortunatelly) not possible 😞

Snímek obrazovky 2022-08-03 v 12.20.03.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For that I think I would put a graphic over that section. And yes, a pain to cut that graphic up, but you could just step through the caption track and cut/delete a single graphic the length of the video.

Be sure to upvote the feature request.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines