• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

switch proxies off changes my clip

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have an issue when I switch proxies off because it modifies the cut of a clip on the sequence. With proxys, the cut is ok, but then with no proxys there's a different part of the clip in the same place. Any idea? 

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your source media is Variable Framerate (usually phones or screen capture, streams, etc.) then proxies won't line up with the original since the framerate is shifting on the original.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thx! but it wouldn't be my case cause this was shot with a camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it was dedicated hardware with a constant framerate then you shouldn't have variable. Are you by chance using Interpret Footage to slow things down?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. I tried changing timecode from original to alternative options in interpret footage but nothing. 😥

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For more information, it's a clip shot in 100 fps. Some cuts are at 25% to get a slow mo, but this issue is on every cut of that clip, regardless the reproduction speed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using Interpret Footage to change the framerate that won't play nicely with the proxies either. Better method is slowing down in the timeline. It sounds like maybe that's what you're doing but I wasn't sure. Did you generate the proxies in Premiere or were they generated elsewhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nono, i'm not changing the framerate, but the timecode. I generated the proxies through adobe media encoder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. Why changing the timecode? It seems like that could potentially be causing the issue as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Recently a college professor told me to rewrite the original timecode y generate the proxy again. I'll be doing it tomorrow and if this solves the problem, I'll let you know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines