• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Synchronize always grayed out. Why can it still not handle multiple cameras at once?

Enthusiast ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I heard that Pluraleyes is going away. So I tried Tentacle sync but learned the hard way that Tentacle sync only works when your cameras have timecode. Pluraleyes says they're going away because Premiere hast he ability to sync your clips. But that's just false. I've stacked 2 cameras on top of each other. I havent even bothered to add the wav files to the timeline. I followed this tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgVcGcDod80) and sychronize is grayed out. I'm used to looking for it in the clip drop down menu but even then it's always grayed out. It's exhausting. When will premiere come out with a robust version of syncing multiple cameras. The current synchronize tool is always grayed out, can't handle multiple cameras and is frankly subpar. I can't believe Pluraleyes is going away (thinking that Premiere's synchronize can replace it).

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pluraleyes isn't going to disappear, it just isn't being developed anymore.  It will continue to work on all the file types and codecs it has always worked with.  (I suspect a newer, more expensive bundled version is in the works -- but that is a guess.)

Resolve's synching is getting quite good too.

I have no idea why the method in that tutorial didn't work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No they are discontinuing it .no mention of a better version to come. pluraleyes will disappear when Mac updates their OS a few years from now and pluraleyes will no longer work with the OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not any different from what I said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

disagree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can be grayed out if your selection includes more than one clip on the same track. It can handle only one clip per track.

It can also be grayed out if you don't have any track highlighted.

It can also be grayed out if your selection doesn't include an audio clip.

It's pretty useful once you get the hang of it.

20230523_AudioSync.gif

Alternatively, you can do the audio sync from your bin and not from the timeline. Collect the files you want to synchronize in one bin, and create a multiclip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One clip per track isn't very useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

True, that's why we're gonna miss PluralEyes, hoping that Adobe creates something similar.

Again, you can always do the process from the bin if you want to sync several clips in one go, not ideal but does the job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines