• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text looks smooth when pausing and "pixely" when playing. How to make the text smooth all the time?

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2018 Apr 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with the pixels of the text when playing versus pausing, and especially when the video is in a small frame like on YouTube. The problem especially occurs with tiny text.

I made a video in Premier Pro, and implemented a text.png from Photoshop.

I'd like the text to be smooth (without showing the pixels) and don't differ between pausing and playing.

Below, you can see 1. when the video is pausing (looks good and smooth) and 2. when the video is playing (looks awful with the pixels).

The problem only occurs with the text, not with the video.

Can anyone help me fix this problem? What should I do?

Thank you so much for your help in advance!

1. When pausing

Screen Shot 2018-04-28 at 16.32.45.png

2. When playing

Screen Shot 2018-04-28 at 16.32.56.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm... Once I had the same problem but the next day it was all fine. I really don't know. I don't think the text will be pixelated after you have exported the video so don't worry about that. But sorry I don't think I can help right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It became a little bit better as I saved in High Quality 1080p HD instead of any of the YouTube presets.
Do you know what Preset is the best for YouTube Videos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend exporting Cineform for YouTube.  Choose the 10 bit YUV Preset, found under the QuickTime format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try to right click on your png text in the project panel, choose modify then interpret footage

make sure the pixel aspect ratio is square pixels, if not check conform to square pixels

under alpha channel conform alpha premultiplication to premultiplied alpha

I can see that both your playback resolution and paused resolution on the monitor are set to 'Full' right ?

are you nesting any of your text layers ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martine Sorthe,

Please check your Settings (Wrench) menu and see what you have set for Playback and Paused Resolution settings. You can make adjustments there.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have the same problem : text ok in pause mode and pixeled in mode play.

When I export, text is also pixeled.

Any problem with old versions.

If someone knows solution ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

geraldf74549494​ Please check both your playback and paused resolutions as Kevin stated before.

Are you working with native Premiere Pro text or imported text ?

What are your export settings ? what are the sequence settings ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Martine,

Is there a specific reason you are setting your text in a raster format (png) rather than setting your text inside of Premiere with live editable text? I always set my text with the text tool rather than importing a photo of my text. Even though png is supposed to be clear, I would much rather trust Premiere to render native text than interpret a png.

That is just my workflow.

- Dax

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah yes, I had the same problem( I am a beginner and don't even know most of the words in Adobe)

with the font. When pasued it looks high quality but when played its very low.

Just right click on the text, and find "Playback resolution" and change it to "Full"

I noticed this when I was just messing around and found out that my paused resolution is in

"Full" while my playback resolution was in "1/4". Hopefully this helps with your problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got to the videoplayback window, click right mouse and choose "High Quality Playback"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines