• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text typing over itself

Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Premiere Pro v22 on a MacBook Pro 2019.

I'm an intermediate user of Premiere.

I cannot figure out how to create a text box in this new version or adjust the text box once it exists.  My text is typing over-itself, rather than wrapping or naturally expanding.  When i try to enlarge the text box, the text itself simply enlarges with it.  

What am I missing?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

To change the size of a text box rather than expand it and the text inside ensure you select the 'selection tool' rather than the text tool (find it in the same small panel that contains the 'T' Text tool).

Once selected click the text box. It will change colour and adjustment dots will appear around the edges of the box.

Now you'll be able to adjust the text box size without changing the text itself - click on one of the dots and drag.

Hope that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be obvious to you, but from what I'm thinking when I read your post is that you want it to be similar to something like MS Word. Adobe isn't like that with text and images (i'm fairly sure), so if you want to wrap around you'll have to manually do it by making new lines around the image.

Same thing with text boxes, it's not like MS Word. You don't have to enlarge the text boxes though, you can just type whatever you want and it will enlarge by itself.

Creating a text box should be the same as the old version. Press the T key and click anywhere on the Program Monitor. You can double click it to edit the text.

Tell me if I misunderstood your issue.

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To change the size of a text box rather than expand it and the text inside ensure you select the 'selection tool' rather than the text tool (find it in the same small panel that contains the 'T' Text tool).

Once selected click the text box. It will change colour and adjustment dots will appear around the edges of the box.

Now you'll be able to adjust the text box size without changing the text itself - click on one of the dots and drag.

Hope that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one seems to have answered this question.

When I create a text box (selecting horizontal text) of any size, I get lorem ipsum text in the box that is all typed over itself on one line. when I delete that text and type something, it shows up, but the minute I hit return to create a new line of type, it types on top of itself.

I know this isn't a word processor, but this is ridiculous. It used to be that you could type a blurb of several lines or many lines - I can't imagine having to do a new text box just to have a second line of text. And no, if you type edge to edge in the text box, it does not automatically move down to the next line. It just types over itself.  There has to be some kind of glitch here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NJLAP,

I'm not sure what you mean. If I "create a text box" (select the text tool; drag a box) and type in it, the text does not wrap - I get that. Once it fills the box, it does not show, but appears if I adjust the box size. But it does not "type over itself." Can you provide a screen shot?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you for responding. It turns out, somehow, the leading got set to 0.1 – putting it back to AUTO fixed the issue. I’ve never used a leading that small, so how this happened is a mystery!

Noreen Braman
NJLAP Program Communications & Technology Manager

NJLAP is here for you during this crisis. UPDATED INFO

NJ Lawyers Assistance Program
One Constitution Square
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
732-565-7571
www.njlap.org

This communication and any attachment contains information that may be legally privileged and confidential from the NJLAP Program. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not review, transmit, convert to hard copy, copy, use or disseminate this communication or any attachments to it. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by email or telephone and destroy all copies. Thank you.

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service (SaaS) for business. Providing a safer and more useful place for your human generated data. Specializing in; Security, archiving and compliance. To find out more visit the Mimecast website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Stan mentions, it's hard to tell without a screenshot, but for me it looks like the "Leading" is set to a small number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - this is exactly what I discovered after talking with another Photoshop user. How the leading got set to 0.1 is a mystery!

Noreen Braman
NJLAP Program Communications & Technology Manager

NJLAP is here for you during this crisis. UPDATED INFO

NJ Lawyers Assistance Program
One Constitution Square
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
732-565-7571
www.njlap.org

This communication and any attachment contains information that may be legally privileged and confidential from the NJLAP Program. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not review, transmit, convert to hard copy, copy, use or disseminate this communication or any attachments to it. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by email or telephone and destroy all copies. Thank you.

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service (SaaS) for business. Providing a safer and more useful place for your human generated data. Specializing in; Security, archiving and compliance. To find out more visit the Mimecast website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines