• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Edit That Wouldn't Die

Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a multi-camera production that was going well until the client asked for the removal of a 2 second shot.  I removed the shot, adjusted the edit point and exported the video.  When I reviewed the exported video I found that the shot remained!  WTF!?  I figured it must have been a fluke so I tried again with a different name.  Same result.  So here's what else I tried without success:

Deleted previews (re-exported - same result)

Removed the two edited shots (re-exported - same result)

Moved edited video to different location on timeline (re-exported - same result)

Saved under different name (re-exported - same result)
Exported under different name (re-exported - same result)

Power cycled system (cold boot) (re-exported - same result)
Moved entire edited segment to another location on timeline (re-exported - same result)
I rendered another part of the timeline and exported it and it worked fine.
I moved the segment bar back to the troublesome edits and re-exported - same result

I'm all out of ideas here people.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replace the clip with a title.  Try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok.  I replaced 3 shots in the area of the edit with a title and that changed the video in that piece after exporting.  Is it just a matter of re-editing that piece of the video now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be my next step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looked promising.  I exported a smaller segment and that worked fine.  When I exported the entire segment that I wanted, all the old edits that I didn't want returned.  😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did you try to clear your media cache database ?

(in preferences)

You could also try to nest your edit...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearing the media cache database didn't work.  Sorry to have to ask...  How do I nest my edit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

on your timeline, select all the clips you want to nest, right click / nest.

Another hint could be to apply an empty adjustment layer on top of your problematic edit (try empty and with 1 point lumetri color change)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines