• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The new import export screens are crap

Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's it, I literally signed on just to post that the new import export screens are crap. What a massive step backwards. Why do all these companies who grow huge with a dedicated user base suddenly turn on their user base once they reach a certain point. Like, did Billie Eilish fans get you to your current market cap? No. Show your user base a little respect or we're going over to da Vinci. This redesign is a joke.

TOPICS
Export , Import , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

before any wise guys tell me not to post here, the idea that there's a second forum and that adobe doesn't read this one is absurd. You've got a forum called forum, start reading it:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/45688423-the-new-import-exp...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe they read it or even take it into consideration. Have a look a this one:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/45062362-the-new-export-scr...

More than 500 votes at the time. Last time an Adobe official chimed in: almost 4 months ago. First time another one did:  pure condescension. 

Forget them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your impressions and Reality aren't the same. Your impressions are naturally what it seems to you, as anyone can make a guess.

As noted ... again ... every post on the UserVoice portal is logged into their system manually by an engineer. Period. I've talked with guys that do it.

And then all posts there are collated and passed up the line to the far more important Marketing & Experiecne staffers, WELL above the development teams, who are the ones actually making all 'major' decisions based on their reading of metrics.

500 votes ... seems a lot, right?

But there are several million users. Their M&E people take the UserVoice metrics and their other metrics, and make the decisions as to what shall be done based on what it 'means' to them across the several million users.

I have a Tangent Elements panel, an amazing tool in Premiere. It can be mapped to work in color, graphics, audio track mixing, it's ... awesome.

But in Lumetri, if you have multiple layers of color work on a clip, the panel will only apply your changes to the bottom (last) layer of Lumetri, no matter which panel of Lumetri you have active in the UI.

This has been an issue for the last three major versions, and I've been told directly, is probably not getting fixed. Because there's only a few thousand users with control panels, and well ... it's just not that high on the priority list that it's ever gonna get fixed.

Yea, I make all the noise about this I can. But a few thousand across 3--7 million ... just a drop in a bucket.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rant away, I've posted epic ones here myself. They don't accomplish anything but letting off steam but hey, at times that's needed, right?

As to posting on the UserVoice ... well, do you want to yell at the wall and waste your time & body, or actually do something usefull?

As has been explained over and over, this is a user-to user system, UserVoice is the designed input portal to the devs and more importantly to the all-important M&E folks well up above the program teams. M&E folks make the major decisions, really, not the devs.

If you get in a car, and the driver controls are "WRONG!" being on the right (UK) side ... well, you can sit in the US driver seat (left side) and scream about it being wrong ... or you can move over to where the controls actually are and drive the car. Which actually gets you somewhere, doesn't it?

And understand, I use Resolve daily, and work with and at times teach a lot of pro colorists, who are mostly based in Resolve. An app who's UI I personally detest, but I've got friends who love love love Resolve's UI. To each their own. If it floats your boat, well ... these are all tools, and that's all they are.

Fancy hammers.

Use what gets the work out to the nice people what pays your bills. (And Premiere's several million user base dwarfs Resolve ... and has been growing ... the Adobe upper managers are not quaking in their boots, just so you know ... )

Although in partial answer, the new project start page was NOT for the Eilish crowd ... but for several thousand users in things like TV newsrooms and corporate "explainer" rooms, all very professional, but with a different set of needs than many of us. Nothing to do with YouTubers as it turned out.

And as far as the devs are concerned, they:

• replaced a bunch of options on the old new project dialog that no one ever used with some options used by thousands of users per day and
  • did nothing to change the project start process for users with more complex project structures.

Because for the rest of us, it was always type a Name, select Location, click Create.

And now, it's ... type a Name, select Location, click Create ...

Except annoyingly the Create button is aways across the screen, and we can't tab to it and hit the Enter key. Which I and many others want changed ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines