• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Title Tool not updating / saving when making revisions

Explorer ,
May 31, 2012 May 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've made a few Title's in Premiere Pro and saved them as templates to use through out my production. With CS6 I'm having some issues with it. I'll create a new Title file from a template and make the chages. Everything works fine for a while, but then the changes I make within the title tool do not save after exiting the title tool. The text just reverts back to the point were it stopped working. If I restart Premiere it works again, but only for a while. I think this is a bug, but if anybody has a solution please let me know. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 01, 2013 Apr 01, 2013

Just an update on my end. Since updates have come out for Premiere Pro CS6, I no longer have the issue. Currently I'm using PP 6.0.2

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jef,

I'm not seeing the same thing. Are you speaking of titles not updating in a normal workflow? Can you try deleting preview files and report back if that situation improved?

Thanks,Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kevin.

Yes, this issue appears in what I would consider a normal workflow.  Let me try and give greater detail.  This is my best approximation of how the issue occurs:

I create a title and place in a sequence.  This becomes my "template" (not using any template tool).  I then duplicate that first title in it's bin, open that duplicated title and make changes, exit the title tool cut the new title into the sequence.  At some point I then go back to that second title while in the sequence, double click it to re-enter the title tool, make changes, exit and the changes that I saw while in the title tool are not present in the sequence.

This does not happen immediately during a session, but once it does occur, the only remedy is to exit premiere and restart.  After the restart, editing a title as described works.  For awhile anyway.  Then the problem crops up and a restart is required.

As for deleting the preview file, I am confused. When does a preview file get generated when using the title tool?  I am not manually selecting render of titles in the workflow I described.  So I do not know when it would be created.  Can you explain?

Thanks,

Jef

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jef,

For the second title, how are you creating it? Are you using "New Title Based On Current Title?"

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

I guess I was not clear.  Sorry.

My first title is made by pressing Title / New Title / Default Still.

The second Title is made by selecting the first in it's bin and pressing Edit / Duplicate.  Not sure why I started doing that other than I have mapped Duplicate and that seemed to do what I wanted. 

I imagine you are going to tell me that "New Title Based On Current Title" is the correct way and my method is not correct.   Am I correct?

Jef

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another person with the same issue.

I have tried everything I can think of. The original project was on 2015.3. I cleared all caches, cleared render files, made duplicate projects, tried opening the project on different machines, I updated to 2017, still no luck.

These titles were all created from templates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jef's description is exactly what I am experiencing too.

I am using Premiere Pro CC (2017.0.2 release) on a MacBook Pro (MacOS Sierra, 10.12.3).

I've just been trying to get it to happen and all was working perfectly for a while, until I changed the Slant value for the text. As soon as I reopen a title that has slanted text and I try to alter that value, it stops saving the changes. If I create a completely new title, all is fine, but when I close the title, nothing is saved, I have a black title. This is repeatable.

I hope that helps and gives some pointers as to where the problem might lie...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting.  I was not using slant when editing.  Mainly changing font size, kerning, position, etc.

Other oddities show up during editing which may or may not be related that I did not state as they may not be related.

Jef

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same problem as everyone on the list. I have restarted premiere. I have created new titles from scratch. I duplicate as mentioned above. Adobe clearly can't find the issue and we are left paying for CC and trying to find our own work arounds. Is there a fix yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Valerie Lina,

Can you try the new Type tool and see if that workflow works better for you?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Adobe won't be fixing the glitch in the Legacy titler - but you might try using the new Title tool, which just came out recently.  Here is a good tutorial that explains the basics.  I found it's a better solution; the "Master Graphics" seem to retain settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this is still relevant but this worked for me when titles wouldn't update outside of the title tool. First I saved my settings as a Style and simply selected a different Style, after,  from the templates provided. Cycling between styles updated my text and it was once again responsive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having this issue in CC 2018 (have had the issue off and on for years). Befoer, I was able to create a new title and then be able to edit it again, but it doesn't look like that works any mroe. Very frustrated as I've never used the new title tool (and I can't get it to work the way I used to). Why?!?!?! Am doing this as a volunteer project, and have dozens of titles to add ... ugh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPDATE: Yet another thread clued me into: If I restart the program (holding Alt + Shift while doing so MAY clear media cache too?), I can then edit titles for a little while at least). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines