• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Top Workflow Tools of Today and Tomorrow? Share Your Insights!

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

QUESTION:

What 3-party tools (software or hardware) du you find indispensable to your workflow today?

And (if money was no issue) which tools would you like to have at your disposal?

My reason for asking:

I just landed a job in media production at a university, and it´s been a year since I touched Premiere Pro. My department has until new year to use up its budget, and I really want to seize the opportunity to grab me some tools to speed up the workflow in premiere. Both for myself and my colleagues. I wish I could say I have some over sight over the most used tools in the busniess, but I do not. Also my ADHD doesn´t actually help me remember things that well... SO!

I work with everything from scripting for clients, filming, directing, editing. From idea to finished product. Obviously these are not Speilberg-level productions. These are (mostly) just learning videos for students. But I WANT to make them as good and interesting as possible, in as little time as possible. 

Please help!

TOPICS
Editing , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention that I am somewhat color blind. Well not BLIND. I just have difficulties with greens and reds some times. If there are any tools to compensate for this when grading, that would be great to know about. OK. Thank you. I´ll wait in the corner ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scott Simmons at PVC just reviewed his top 3 workflow tools for Pr:

https://www.provideocoalition.com/3-useful-tools-for-adobe-premiere-pro-editors/?fbclid=IwAR3EcsLgua...

Disclaimer: The third reviewed tool, Automation Blocks, is developed by myself.

If you work with background music, also consider my BeatEdit for Premiere Pro.

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mathias has an excellent post ... and the aescripts site is something every Premiere user doing any level of routine production work needs to peruse on a regular basis. There are lots of "little", inexpensive tools there, that the right one/s can make a huge difference in your workflow speed.

Past that, I've got the full Maxon Red Giant suite ... which has a ton of things from video noise redution to althernate color correction/grading controls to Look creation to transitions and special effects ... not cheap, but oh my that saves my backside at times!

Knights of the Editing table ... some things for automating organizing projects and such, which again, are EXCELLENT. Look them over ... 

DigitalAnarchy.com is another one, including amont their best 'toys' a flicker-removal that is awesome for flourescents (and some LED) lights plus a facial 'softening' tool that is super useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines